• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sneak Atk. Vampires?

questionmark

First Post
In LM, the ghost strike wp. ability make it possible to sneak atk incorpreal creatures. Is there any books out there with something like that for vampires?

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
In Complete Adventurer, there's a spell that lets you sneak attack all undead. It's a 1st level Cleric spell and I think for Paladins too.

In Libris Mortis, there's a spell that gives undead vulnerabilities as if living. I think it's called 'Undeath to Life.'

Drowbane

First Post
in the Mini's Handbook there is a prestige that lets you convert your sneak to holy dmg or something. Basicly it lets you "sneak" undead.

Joker

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
In Complete Adventurer, there's a spell that lets you sneak attack all undead. It's a 1st level Cleric spell and I think for Paladins too.

In Libris Mortis, there's a spell that gives undead vulnerabilities as if living. I think it's called 'Undeath to Life.'
'
It's Spark of Life. You're fired ;).

I don't think it's that unbalancing to make a weapon ability that allows you to crit and sneak attack corporeal undead only but having a +3 price modifier.

AZNtrogdor

First Post
there two problems with the spell Grave Strike:

1. it only last one round

2. its a personal spell

I solved the second problem by taking a lvl of spellthief. you get an extra sneak attack, you get the ability to steal 1st and 0 lvl spells, and you can a +2 to will saves.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Joker said:
'
It's Spark of Life. You're fired ;).

I don't think it's that unbalancing to make a weapon ability that allows you to crit and sneak attack corporeal undead only but having a +3 price modifier.
:lol: Not owning the book, my sources of information are sometimes a little off. Hence, I can pass the blame to someone else. :p I'll try to remember that, though.

Jarrod

First Post
Amusingly, the Minis HB ability goes well out of its way to say "as if you sneak attacked" or something like that; not "you sneak attack". You can read that to mean that it's xd6 damage, but _not_ a SA.

I'd go with a weapon enchantment. I find it amusing that +1 gets you Ghost Touch, and +2 gets you Ghost Touch + Sneak Attack; seems like that means Sneak Attack is +1.

Though at that price _every_ rogue would have one.

Or an item of at-will Grave Strike.. even a wand is cheap.

mzsylver

Explorer
AZNtrogdor said:
there two problems with the spell Grave Strike:

1. it only last one round

2. its a personal spell

Well... you can always put an extended version in a spellstoring item for your poor Rogues. Also, try Magic Jarring into them and Contingencying it.

Heh. I know this isnt helpful... But in the RPGA Living City campaign my rogue had a "Silver Dagger" that could sneak attack vampires: it detected shapechangers (it bleeds when you check someone if they are a shapechanger), was bane vs. shapechangers, turned into wood when fighting vampires, and let you perform coup-de-grace and critical hits (including sneak attack) vs. vampires. Pretty Slick.

Remove ads