D&D 5E Sneak Attack question

aco175

Legend
The original post about using my horse as an ally feels cheap like what others have said, along with a halfling using the same horse to hide while riding to get sneak attack as well. I would most likely allow if the animal was threatening the enemy like what others have stated.

The fact that a ranged rogue can attack with advantage virtually every round by just hiding with their bonus action tells me that a melee rogue getting the same is not going to be an issue.

This is why everyone always tries to discourage people from playing melee rogues... not only do they get attacked and hit a lot more often, but they also don't get to attack with advantage as much.

It'll be fine.
This is one reason we play with flanking rules. The rogues rarely shoot when they can flank and give the fighter advantage as well. It is rather easy for the power of advantage though.

The whole PCs are heroes thing gets brought up a lot in a lot of threads and to a point, I agree. I like the cinematic movies where the cowboy is swinging on a horse saddle and shooting from over and under the horse, even though it is completely unrealistic. In some ways it is like the answer others use to explain things by saying it is magic. All in all, I tend to favor the PCs when deciding to allow things, but I also have a group that would see problems with using your horse as an ally.

Remove ads