Sneak attacking undead and constructs seems wrong

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
LOL, nope. Not more fireballs. The cleric and wizard spell slots are kept completely separate. That isn't to say if one of us was playing a Sorcerer/Wizard... then yes, more fireballs. ;)

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
LOL, nope. Not more fireballs. The cleric and wizard spell slots are kept completely separate. That isn't to say if one of us was playing a Sorcerer/Wizard... then yes, more fireballs. ;)
But INT and CHA cast, respectively. Yeah, that cuts way back on caster power. It's the old (3.x) mystic theurge issue.

Dausuul

Legend
You'll find it fun IMO. As far as I know, the DM is tracking our XP (we don't keep it) and uses the single-class total for gaging encounters. But a head's up: you HAVE to be on top of everything. It is basically like playing two or three characters at once, but you're limited into a pool of HP and only one collective action, movement, etc.
Yeah, I don't think it would work for my group. I could handle it (I often end up running two characters, if I'm on the player side of the table and someone has to miss a session), but a couple of the other folks have only just got a handle on running one PC and would be in way over their heads with two.

It's fun to think about, though. :)

Staffan

Legend
As [MENTION=907]Staffan[/MENTION] said, you were generally only a level behind, and, depending on what classes you had, you might not even be that. IIRC, the XP for a 10th level fighter made me something like a F8/MU9/Thief10. Hrm, give up two levels of fighter for 19 levels in other classes? Yeah, not really a trade off. :D

Funnily enough though, we always played that MU could never use armor. So that fighter/MU was still unarmored. At least, that's how I remember us playing. Maybe that was a 2e thing though? It's been FAR too long since I played 1e.

Yeah, that was a 1e/2e change. In 1e, fighter/magic-users could explicitly cast in armor, and in 2e they explicitly could not (with the exception of elves in elven chain). 2e also made priest/cleric multi-classing more restrictive, in that the priest/cleric had to abide by whatever restrictions the priesthood had on weapons and armor even if they could use the weapons/armor based on their other classes.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
You could multiclass wizard/sorceror to basically double your arcane spell slots.

Yes, but half would be cast with INT and the other half with CHA. I am, however, somewhat curious as to how class features would apply to spells cast -- at they separate, or mixed? Can you use metamagic on a wizard slot? Or a wizard subclass feature, like the evocation one, on a Sorcerer slot? The evocation power sculpt spell is strictly better than the careful spell metamagic, frex, so that'd be interesting.

Remove ads