• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

so a human and a werewolf get bored

Rakusia

First Post
Hot werewolf babe and a smexy human guy get bored waiting on teammates. One thing leads to another and now theres a baby. I dont know how to handle this

A

amerigoV

Well, he could not have been that smart if it led to a little one (tm). As my mother always said, always wear two!

Keldin

First Post
I don't really see the problem. If the werewolf is an afflicted lycanthrope - in short, if she was bitten and gained the curse that way - the child is normal. Afflicted lycanthropes don't pass on the curse of lycanthropy, only natural lycanthopes do. Even if she bit her child, the child wouldn't be a lycanthrope.

If the werewolf is a natural werewolf, you have two choices. You could decide that the natural lycanthropy only passes to the child if both parents are also lycanthropes at the time of insemination. In this case, the child is, again, normal/uncursed. If you decide that it doesn't require both parents to be lycanthropes, you can let the dice decide, 50/50.

If that's not the problem you're having, a little more detail would be appreciated.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
If the werewolf is a natural werewolf, you have two choices. You could decide that the natural lycanthropy only passes to the child if both parents are also lycanthropes at the time of insemination. In this case, the child is, again, normal/uncursed. If you decide that it doesn't require both parents to be lycanthropes, you can let the dice decide, 50/50.
Given how infectious lycanthropy is, that doesn't feel right. That said, werewolf infants are problematic -- silly at best and raise the specter of killing a one-month-old baby at worst.

I'd say that the disease remains dormant until puberty, which lines up with most werewolf stories. (The adorable werewolf husky/toddler on "True Blood" aside.)

Dioltach

Legend
At full moon, the child's upper/lower body becomes very hairy.
Alternatively, give the child the ability to assume a hybrid form, not the full wolf form.

Keldin

First Post
Given how infectious lycanthropy is, that doesn't feel right.

See, that's the thing. By the rules as written, lycanthropy is not that infectious. If it was, there would be a whole lot more of them. Here, a quote from the d20 SRD:

Curse of Lycanthropy (Su): Any humanoid or giant hit by a natural lycanthrope’s bite attack in animal or hybrid form must succeed on a DC 15 Fortitude save or contract lycanthropy. If the victim’s size is not within one size category of the lycanthrope the victim cannot contract lycanthropy from that lycanthrope. Afflicted lycanthropes cannot pass on the curse of lycanthropy.

The Pathfinder version says much the same.

That said, werewolf infants are problematic -- silly at best and raise the specter of killing a one-month-old baby at worst.

I'd say that the disease remains dormant until puberty, which lines up with most werewolf stories. (The adorable werewolf husky/toddler on "True Blood" aside.)

I think the best way to handle it is... leave it to the PCs. They did the deed, now they have to pay the consequences. It sounds like it would be some great role-playing fodder. Simply decide whether the baby is cursed or not, and let the chips fall where they may. This is just an additional wrinkle, really - any time babies get involved, even without the possibility of lycanthropy, it's going to be an issue.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads