So any bets when the first books will show up?

keterys

First Post
Demigonis said:
Yeah the estimated date of all Amazon pre-orders is the 10th. :(

I really really really really really really (you get the point) hope they get to ship the books so that they can arrive in our hands on the 6th! Please oh please oh please!

I was curious about that, so I fiddled with shipping:

1-Day Shipping: June 9
2-Day Shipping: June 10
Standard 3-5 Shipping: *June 6* (!!!)
Free 5-9 Shipping: June 10

Sometimes I really hate amazon's inaccurate shipping.

Last edited:

JVisgaitis

Explorer
3 towns away? Big deal. The closest store to me is like 60 miles and they don't regularly order anything. It makes me so mad. I've been close to opening a gamestore myself because there are two colleges really close and I think it might do well, but then I could forget about being a publisher and pursuing a career in art as that would eat up all my time. Oh well...

Demigonis

First Post
keterys said:
I was curious about that, so I fiddled with shipping:

1-Day Shipping: June 9
2-Day Shipping: June 10
Standard 5-7 Shipping: *June 6* (!!!)

Sometimes I really hate amazon's inaccurate shipping.

o_O

Oi, I hope that means they'll all get shipped so they arrive on the 6th. I think I did 1 or 2 day shipping. Hopefully their estimation is just goofy. I think that has to be it.

BRING ME MY BOOKS! *shakes fist at the sky*

Last edited:

keterys

First Post
JVisgaitis said:
3 towns away? Big deal. The closest store to me is like 60 miles and they don't regularly order anything. It makes me so mad. I've been close to opening a gamestore myself because there are two colleges really close and I think it might do well, but then I could forget about being a publisher and pursuing a career in art as that would eat up all my time. Oh well...

Oh, it only matters in terms of two details:

1) I don't have a store that I want to support for the sake of supporting a store.
2) I happen to not have a car the day that it comes out

I could prevail on the kindness of others to secure a copy, but it'll probably be complex and I'm honestly not sure it matters enough.

Though I really would like to be able to get working as soon as possible.

fnwc

Explorer
My Amazon pre order of KOTS shipped today:

Shipment Date: May 19, 2008
Destination: Davis, CA, United States
Estimated Arrival: May 24, 2008

I realize this isn't the core books, but at least it's something to whet my appetite.

Dice4Hire

First Post
In previoous years (Complete Adventurer, Stormwrack and a couple others) Amazon Japan was kind enough to send me my stuff a week or two early, but they seem to have stopped that practice. I am hopingto get my books on the 6th or 7th, but I do not really know when they will get here. I jsut hope soon.

Family said:
If you [do either], you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater.

1book.jpg
I am not sure I am that snack-dependent as you are, but after all these firefly posts, I am sure like your style, too. ;)

Remove ads