So any bets when the first books will show up?

Steely Dan

Banned
Banned
Cadfan said:
This is why so many gaming stores are offering preorder discounts and promising that you will get the books exactly on the 6th. They can be certain about that because they'll have the books in their back room several days before then.

Yeah, my man from Leisure Games has assured me my 3 core bundle will be waiting for me at The London Dungeon on the 6th.

Rob Heinsoo is going to be there.

keterys

First Post
Amazon got back to me on the shipping thing:

Standard shipping:June 11, 2008-June 13, 2008.
Two day shipping :June 10, 2008-June 10, 2008.
One day shipping :June 09, 2008-June 09, 2008.

I'll feel dumb, but it may just be worth 3 hours of round trip commute to go pick mine up at a store :)

Jack99

Adventurer
keterys said:

I'll feel dumb, but it may just be worth 3 hours of round trip commute to go pick mine up at a store :)

*whistles*

TAXI!

hargert

First Post
Warbringer said:
OVERSTOCK.COM

Tehy sold the KoTS pre street date by a week. Wouldn't be surprised if they do the same with the box set

and ... its 43% off

Heck I have them pre-ordered from Amazon now I am wondering if I should go with Overstock for the chance to get it early. What to do?

Wait a minute I just looked at it and the only shipping option they have is standard 2-15 buisness days. Dont think I want to take that risk and have to wait up to 3 weeks after release.

Naszir

First Post
keterys said:

keterys,

I'm close to the North Shore as well. The closest gaming store I know of is The Toy Soldier in Amesbury. I've never been there and they seem more like a comic and wargaming store but you never know.

Newburyport is the probably the furthest you could get away from Boston on the North Shore and that should just take you an hour or so depending on traffic.

the Jester

Legend
My anonymous FLGS did a cool thing that might have been cheating when 3.0 came out. They wouldn't sell it early, but if you had preordered, they'd give you your copy early.

Kyrail

First Post
the Jester said:
My anonymous FLGS did a cool thing that might have been cheating when 3.0 came out. They wouldn't sell it early, but if you had preordered, they'd give you your copy early.

I'm confused how that isn't the same.

Shado

Explorer
Kyrail said:
I'm confused how that isn't the same.

If you pre-ordered, they'll give you your copy.

If you didn't, they won't sell it to you.

Technically it is pre-selling. But only technically. :p

ShadowyFigure

First Post
My stuff is preordered from AMazon Uk :(

However there is a Waterstone in the city like 8 miles from me so i can always see if they will have a copy. Even if they are ignoring my emails.

Remove ads