• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So how many different game systems have you tried?

The only ones I can recall actually PLAYING - even if for just one shot - are:

D&D, basic
AD&D, a.k.a. 1st Edition
AD&D, 2nd Edition
D&D, 3rd Edition/3.5

Alternity
Bureau 13
Gamma World (an early edition)
Marvel Superheroes
Mechwarrior
Paranoia
Runequest
Shadowrun
Space Opera
Star Trek, FASA
Star Wars, d6
Torg
Traveller, classic
Traveller, mega
Traveller, TNE
Traveller, 2300
Vampire

Actually, I'm not so sure about Gamma World. It was "around" our gaming group, discussed and referred to on occasion, but I don't specifically recall that I ever actually PLAYED it. A lot of them were one-shots, which is to say they were tried and abandoned in short order.

Traveller classic we played a decent amount of. The other Traveller flavors were always actually hybrids run by one particular GM. I ran a pretty decent Star Wars campaign for some time but it was pretty high-energy and I couldn't take the pace anymore. Space Opera was actually a hybrid with orgininal Traveller but we played a good campaign of it. Some good games of Paranoia and Marvel.

Cryptos

First Post
1st RPG exposure: AD&D 1st Edition
2nd RPG exposure: TSR Marvel Super Heroes

Then, in no particular order:

Red Box D&D
Blue Box D&D
AD&D 2nd Edition
D&D 3rd Edition
Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed
Paranoia
Paranoia XP
Shadowrun
Twilight 2000
Cyberpunk 2020
The old DC Heroes rpg
Vampire: the Masquerade 1st and 2nd editions
Vampire: the Dark Ages
Mage: the Ascension 1st and 2nd editions
Werewolf: the Apocalypse
Demon (WW)
Mummy (WW)
Changeling: The Dreaming
Champions
Hero System 5th Edition
Mutants and Masterminds (1st and 2nd editions)
Star Wars d20 (1st and RCR)
Vampire: the Requiem
Mage: the Awakening
Werewolf: the Forsaken
Promethian: the Created
Changeling: the Lost
LUG Star Trek
FASA Star Trek
d20 Modern / Future
d20 Call of Cthulhu
Spycraft
Spycraft 2.0
D&D 4th

... and things I'm forgetting.

I also own the Everquest d20 RPG books, mostly for nostalgic purposes (it was my first MMO), and Farscape and Serenity RPGs for some reason. These are like the CDs in your music collection you don't want your friends to see.

Rules systems I adapted myself:

The Force d20 (using d20 Modern / Future for Star Wars with my own 120+ crunchy pages of rules for the Force and Force-using classes with basic, advanced and prestige Force classes, replacing skills for Force Powers with a tiered system of techniques under a narrower set of Alter, Control, and Sense skills, and so forth. Then SAGA came out... but honestly I think I'd rather use my own system if I went back to SW.)

An adaptation of Mutants and Masterminds rules for the Matrix films that I sadly no longer have (hard drive destroyed, had no hard copies at the time.)

Remove ads