• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So I have no clue what to play :/

SnowHeart

First Post
So? What did you decide to do? (A bit late to the party, but I was thinking an archer of some sort. We have an archery-focused ranger in our party who is able to do some great ranged damage, even when the mage's spells fizzle against SR and the tanks can't reach or move quickly enough.)

EroGaki

First Post
So? What did you decide to do? (A bit late to the party, but I was thinking an archer of some sort. We have an archery-focused ranger in our party who is able to do some great ranged damage, even when the mage's spells fizzle against SR and the tanks can't reach or move quickly enough.)

After much thought and some frantic, last minute character creation ( I finally decided on it an hour before game was set to begin) I decided on playing a gnome Beguiler from the Player's Handbook 2. I've always wanted to try to play a caster focused on mind control and misdirection, and since we have a wizard in the party to cover the blasting/utility, I can finally give it a try. I usually hate enchantment spells, to be honest; too many creatures are immune to it, and a Mind Blank can shut the entire school down. But I guess I am looking forward to the challenge of making it effective.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. :)
If anyone has any tips on using enchantments and illusions please let me know. I could use all the help I can get.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
You should take a level in Mindbender (only one level) or some other prestige class that gives +1 CL at level 1 as soon as possible. That way you can delay your class feature to learn new spells to get higher level ones as options. At least on the CharOp boards, it's as routine for a Beguiler as taking Natural Spell is for a Druid.

EroGaki

First Post
It rhymes with "addlecraft page".

Oh yes, I already decided that I'll be taking that class. :devil:

You should take a level in Mindbender (only one level) or some other prestige class that gives +1 CL at level 1 as soon as possible. That way you can delay your class feature to learn new spells to get higher level ones as options. At least on the CharOp boards, it's as routine for a Beguiler as taking Natural Spell is for a Druid.

I hadn't thought of that. Mindbender would give nifty telepathic communication. Thanks for the tip. :D

Remove ads