• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So I have the Martial Powers book.

Rechan

Adventurer
If you're referring to Polearm Momentum (if you push or slide an enemy 2 or more squares), then no, Come and Get It does not gain the benefit, since it only applies to pushes and slides, not pulls.
So we're back to "What powers let you push/slide more than 1 square" in the heroic tier.

The Little Raven

First Post
So we're back to "What powers let you push/slide more than 1 square" in the heroic tier.

The only one that pops to mind is the new at-will, Footwork Lure, which would allow a person with a reach weapon to hit an opponent, shift 1 square, then slide the opponent into that square (which would be a 2 square slide).

Bagpuss

Legend
The only one that pops to mind is the new at-will, Footwork Lure, which would allow a person with a reach weapon to hit an opponent, shift 1 square, then slide the opponent into that square (which would be a 2 square slide).

So there is an at-will power that lets you knock the opponent prone (with the feat) from the Heroic tier? Doesn't seem very balanced to me. I suspect Footwork Lure will get an errata to be a Pull.

Rechan

Adventurer
So there is an at-will power that lets you knock the opponent prone (with the feat) from the Heroic tier? Doesn't seem very balanced to me. I suspect Footwork Lure will get an errata to be a Pull.
Technically, you need the Polearm momentum AND the Paragon Tier Spear Push feat (+1 to push with a polearm or spear).

Which is why I don't get why Polearm Momentum is Heroic tier when you can't use it wtih any power in the Heroic tier until you get the Spear Push.

Bagpuss

Legend
Technically, you need the Polearm momentum AND the Paragon Tier Spear Push feat (+1 to push with a polearm or spear).

Which is why I don't get why Polearm Momentum is Heroic tier when you can't use it with any power in the Heroic tier until you get the Spear Push.

But you can with Footwork Lure you can shift one space then shift the opponent you hit into the space you were in. With a reach weapon, that is a 2 square shift for the opponent. So that is a 1st level At-Will power you can use it with. So you don't need the Spear Push feat only Polearm Momentum, hence my suggestion that Footwork Lure be changed to a pull rather than shift, or give the Melee 1 range if it doesn't already have it.

Last edited:

WalterKovacs

First Post

However if you were to shift adjacent to the target, you can't pull him into your old square. Only by sliding can you get the opponent into the square you left regardless of which direction you shift.

Bagpuss

Legend
However if you were to shift adjacent to the target, you can't pull him into your old square. Only by sliding can you get the opponent into the square you left regardless of which direction you shift.

True but a pull would mean you have the option of three squares you could shift to, and still pull which kind of reflects Tide of Iron where you only have a choice of three squares to push your target into.

Still Polearm Momentum, needs Dex 15 and Wis 15, if you are buying them as a fighter you are likely to be suffering in Str and Con, so knocking people prone isn't that great if you can't survive the hits or hit things yourself.

IanArgent

First Post
True but a pull would mean you have the option of three squares you could shift to, and still pull which kind of reflects Tide of Iron where you only have a choice of three squares to push your target into.

Still Polearm Momentum, needs Dex 15 and Wis 15, if you are buying them as a fighter you are likely to be suffering in Str and Con, so knocking people prone isn't that great if you can't survive the hits or hit things yourself.

Nice for the Elf Fighter, though. (The Eladrin Fighter likes it as well, what with Eladrin Weapon Prof)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads