• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So I have the Martial Powers book.

Hawke

Explorer
It would cost me nothing. I already own a bike. ;)

Time (opportunity cost), Calorie costs, wear and tear on your joints and bike parts, potential pollutants inhaled, and the risk of the ultimate cost (death) is higher. =) Absolutely those costs might outweigh the dollar cost of gasoline and car maintenance, but it simply isn't true that there's no costs! Everything costs something and it isn't always expressible in currency. :)

Back to the book - I'm eager to get it! I'm prolly going to order online and hope it ships a bit early. Downside is I want both a print copy to thumb through and a digital copy to make copy&pasting powers onto my charsheet a little easier. The more I think of it, it'd be nice if some of the digital retailers offered really good discounts provided you purchased both at the same time. Adventurer's Vault might have been worth the digital only, but I think I'll go with the book-form for this one.

eleventh

First Post
I was hoping to know if there were any more INT-based feats for the martial classes. If this has already been asked and answered, I apologize and would appreciate a redirect.

Protagonist

First Post
There are 3 LGS in my town, none of which is even borderline F. My g/f even refuses to go to one of them due to the *creepy employees. They are all very expensive (even in contrast to other local shops I've been to in Germany) and 2 have barely any items in stock / take ages to order s.th. Not to mention the one time I ordered a OOTS book from one of them. I heard "we'll get it soon" every other week for nearly 3 months. When I finally checked back another month later they told me that it arrived a week ago, but that they accidentally sold my reserved copy to s.o. else....:erm:

I don't mind paying a bit more in order to support a local shop if I get any incentive of doing so: friendly atmosphere or good support or both.
Over the last 10 years I have lived near 5 different shops so far and only one of them was a F(!)LGS.
I gladly pay more at local shops for other stuff (piercing jewellery, computer parts etc.) because I get good, friendly service. If the LGS here were better I wouldn't order online from Dragonworld. (Excellent service there btw.)

* think unwashed, drooling, staring dorks

Jhaelen

First Post
But Amazon or Dragonworld are still easier for me... So I support my hobby by ensuring that an online shop keeps making sales.
Actually, Dragonworld is also a local game store (located in Hamburg).

I think (almost) all of the bigger FLGS that still exist (in Germany) have an online presence as well.

Remove ads