So just what do we know so far about the Star Wars TV series?

Welverin said:
I take the lack of a mention means they weren't in the novel and comic adaptations either, that you know of?
I've yet to pick up either the comic or the novel, as I didn't want to read them before the movie. However, I should be getting the comic in the next week or so...but you'll have to have someone else answer that. :)

ddvmor

I'm a little teapot!
It wouldn't surprise me if we saw Jimmy Smits in the ongoing series. In restrospect his part in the movie seemed like it could be a bit of a set up, plus he's exactly the sort of well known TV actor who could be relied on to carry a series like that...

Testament

First Post
Which novels is Shaak Ti in? I'd like to know more about her, especially how she's able to reconcile her Togrutan predatory instincts and the ascetic nature of the Jedi.

Plus, Orli Shoshan's hot, and Togrutans look cool.

Kesh

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Also, the live action will be 100 episodes, with Lucas writing the first season. Whether he'll direct the first season is unclear, but he's definitely going to back off once its up on its own two feet.

There was a rumor of Aayla Secura(blue, Twi'lek Jedi Knight) being a character in it, as the actress said that she didn't die...but its fairly clear in Sith that Aayla is dead. So, we only know, character wise, that it'll focus on some supporting cast members from the movies.
I thought that was a different Twi'lek that got blasted?

And, given the cyber-tech available, she may have been shot up but pieced together later when someone found her "body."

Trickstergod

First Post
Kesh said:
I thought that was a different Twi'lek that got blasted?

And, given the cyber-tech available, she may have been shot up but pieced together later when someone found her "body."

No, that was Aayla "Is it cold in here?" Secura. Even on the off-chance that there was a second, female, blue-skinned twi'lek Jedi, that scene is in the full release trailer. So if you download it, you can fully see that it's her.

I'd also find it rather lame were she to be magically brought back. That'd be a negative against the TV series right there; it's things like that, which they did with Boba Fett and the Emperor, that make me hate the Expanded Universe.

What I am hoping for, though, is that Shaak-Ti's death scene was cut because they intend on putting her into the series. But I don't have much hope for that.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Trickstergod said:
it's things like that, which they did with Boba Fett and the Emperor, that make me hate the Expanded Universe.

Hey now, leave Boba Fett out of this. Thanks to his armor, he was able to avoid most of the damage from the sarlac's stomach, and thanks to the weapons still on his suit, he was able to blast his way out. That one is totally plausible.

As for the emperor returning in Dark Empire - I agree. Big mistake. Its an idea that should have been nixed on principle.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Whisperfoot said:
Hey now, leave Boba Fett out of this. Thanks to his armor, he was able to avoid most of the damage from the sarlac's stomach, and thanks to the weapons still on his suit, he was able to blast his way out. That one is totally plausible.

As for the emperor returning in Dark Empire - I agree. Big mistake. Its an idea that should have been nixed on principle.
Dark Empire is a prime example of the worst the EU has to offer. I hope Lucas does something with ep 7-9 just to destroy that drek.

Remove ads