So No Feat/PrC Compendium eh?

sniffles

First Post
I'd buy a feat compendium. Not sure if I'd buy a PrC compendium, but it's a nice idea.

Heck, I'd happily accept an online index with complete feat/class descriptions. Preferably with a spreadsheet function, so I could print out lists of feats that my character has, customizable to each individual character.

Jhaelen

First Post
delericho said:
The other thing I'm surprised we're not getting is "Complete Warrior II".
Yep, a real pity :( I know that I'd have bought it, even now, after knowing that 4th.ed. is on its way.

They probably thought the Tome of Nine Blades was enough warrior goodness...

wildstarsreach

First Post
Probably could have done one book with feats, then PrC's no examples since they were in the original publishing and then one of all the new base classes from all the sources. I would have gone for this fleecing but the people in charge always seem to be interested in short term gain verses the long term which this is. 3 more books that would have had a much greater appeal than many other books as this could have included sage clarifications. Also some of the really imbalanced PrC's such as the Abjurant Champion could have been rebalanced to a more reasonable effectiveness instead of the so sweet class that anyone who plays a gish makes plans to include it in most builds.

Actually, instead of PrC or Feat compendiums, I was kinda hoping for a compendium of all the new "base" classes they released in the "Complete" series. A few of them looked moderately interesting, but not enough to buy the entire book.

DM for the group I currently game in has expressed no immediate desire to shift to 4e if the campaign is still going, and I wouldn't mind seeing more detail on a lot of the various options out there without having to drop 100+ bucks on various books that I'd only use a few pages of, at most.

I had assumed there was going to be a Feat collection in 2008 before 4e was announced. Now I doubt much will be happening for 3e.

.....ah but the money I will say to waste on something else....... :D

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
Firedancer said:
Just on the off chance someone at WotC looks this way....its certainly something I would buy...

I'll second that, in case WotC is looking this way, definitely mark me down for a copy of each!

DItheringFool

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
Man, consider me bummed. I was hoping that before 4e hit, we'd have two decent sized books of goodness. The Spell Compendium and Magic Item Compendium get a lot of love around my table. I'd rather have Feats/PrCs rather than 'rules' with the designers putting their 10 cents in.
You must be confused. WotC has a pulse on the community and knows what we want. Really. We want 4e. We don't want a useful compendium of material scattered far and wide for a dying game. We want 4e. WotC told me so.

wildstarsreach

First Post
DItheringFool said:
You must be confused. WotC has a pulse on the community and knows what we want. Really. We want 4e. We don't want a useful compendium of material scattered far and wide for a dying game. We want 4e. WotC told me so.

You presume that 3.5 is a dying game. I and most of my group have a great time. The only reason to convert would be the online support which isn't necessary as it seems that it is going to be a monthly charge and I'm against this kind of extortion in general.

Laman Stahros

First Post
wildstarsreach said:
You presume that 3.5 is a dying game. I and most of my group have a great time. The only reason to convert would be the online support which isn't necessary as it seems that it is going to be a monthly charge and I'm against this kind of extortion in general.
$10 a month (less than the cost of both the Dragon and Dungeon magazines combined) is not extortion. I don't know if I will sign up or not (don't know if I will play 4e or just stay with 3.5e) with D&D Insider, but charging for a service is hardly extortion. If the books were online only and you had to pay a monthly fee to use them, then you might have a point.

Remove ads