• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So, SUPERMAN/BATMAN movie? (SDCC)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
here goes the franchise...

I have seen a lot of hate for this choice. A lot of hate. And the things that always get brought up are "Gigli" and "Daredevil", both of which were made a decade ago.

So I have to ask folks (not frankthedm particularlly, but people in general) how they'd feel if they were judged on their worst work, from ten years ago, and had that used as the yardstick for all future judgements made about you? Especially when you've had recent major success ("Argo") that seems to be ignored.

I'm willing to give the guy a shot. With a good script, and good direction, I think he may surprise us.

Emerald88

First Post
There's an article over on bleeding cool (can't link, newbie), that states that 50 000 complained to WB about Keaton taking the role. Look at how much flack Daniel Craig took for being blonde!

NewJeffCT

First Post
Maybe his good directing skills have led to him becoming a better actor? Is the movie Superman, Part 2 with some Batman involvement? If Batman is a small, but important, part, then maybe Affleck won't ruin the movie?

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Maybe his good directing skills have led to him becoming a better actor? Is the movie Superman, Part 2 with some Batman involvement? If Batman is a small, but important, part, then maybe Affleck won't ruin the movie?
which is a good point, I see him as a better supporting actor than a lead.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Nobody will admit it now, but there was a whole lot of question of Heath Ledger as the Joker, too. We didn't see it, until it happened.

Good point - nobody liked that casting in the beginning, if I recall. I'd say the people who said "wait and see" or that it's an inspired choice were in the minority on that one.

Herschel

Adventurer
The most horrible line I've seen (but still laughed at): In Ben Affleck's Batman, Bruce Wayne's parents kill themselves.

Yes, I'm a horrible human being.

I'm okay with the casting though. Affleck's been good in some things, especially recently (Argo) and he does have a chin.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Nobody will admit it now, but there was a whole lot of question of Heath Ledger as the Joker, too. We didn't see it, until it happened.

y8ezy7yp.jpg

NewJeffCT

First Post
I can only imagine what Twitter and similar would have been like if it were around when Michael Keaton was announced as playing Batman in the late 80s. Every comic book nerd I knew at the time was outraged, with very few taking a "wait & see" attitude. And, people who hadn't just read The Dark Knight series a few years earlier probably thought it was going to be Adam West/Burt Ward type Batman comedy when Keaton was announced...

Remove ads