D&D (2024) So the Power Feats Got Nerfed!

Horwath

Legend
It makes certain builds to power and combo enabling.

This is how we got SS+20 dex by level 6 or CBE+SS and 18 dex by level 6, 20 dex by lvl 8.
If 20 is the problem and all feats are made with +1 ASI then on 1st level you can just take a feat without ASI or better yet, 2 feats without ASI

MarkB

Legend
Not to derail your thread, but with Guidance I agree with you. Together with Druid's armor restrictions, it is literally the only bit of 5e I regret it made to the PHB. I always had to overuse my DM's rule 0 a bit in order to prevent abuse with Guidance. Sadly, the new proposed version is much worse, and would be even harder for me to prevent its abuse.
What's wrong with the new version? It's +1d4 to a failed check, once per target per day, so for the average party a maximum of 4-5 uses per day rather than the original's constant spamming - and that's only if they're 'lucky' enough to have a check fail by only a narrow margin.

Shiroiken

Legend
Long time ago I identified the 5 strongest feats in 5E imho. They were.

Sharpshooter
Great Weapon Master
Healer
Warcaster
Resilient: constitution
Sorry Zard, but you only got 2 of the top tier feats on here. SS and GWM are definitely in the top 5, along with GWM, with the rest being debated (I personally go with Lucky and Inspiring Leader). An argument can be made for Healer, but my group did it once and felt the results were underwhelming compared to IL.

Warcaster and Resilient (Con) are common choices for spellcasters, not because they're top tier, but because they are of the few useful feats for casters. Concentration spells are powerful, and obviously casters want to protect them when they take damage. Melee casters also gain the added benefit of being able to use a shield and use a spell for Opportunity Attacks with Warcaster.

because why not?

more seriously;
feats come too late and too few for character customization.

for many character ideas you need 3 featw. that's 12th level.
Oh wait, there is no 12th level, campaign ended 2 or 3 levels ago.

I have not needed more than one feat for any character concept...
can you give an example?

Horwath

Legend
I have not needed more than one feat for any character concept...
can you give an example?
GWM+PAM+SENT+HAM combo

Assassin:
Elven accuracy or gunner + sharpshooter + piercer

half orc barbarian;
orcish fury + tanarukk blood + GWM

wannabe caster:
Magic initiate + telekinetic + telepathic + fey or shadow touched(or both)

leader/healing support

Inspiring leader + healer + chef(maybe)

not to mention if you want to take some feat that is not optimal for build... 0 room for that.

or just ban few feats from being 1st level:
GWM, PAM, HAM, SS, CE

rest are not really any problem.

Remove ads