So we fought the Sphinx in downtown Cairo...

Mallus

Legend
... and frankly, we made a mess of things. Of course, it's hard not to when the Sphinx gets animated by a magic sombrero and pounces into the heart of the city like kitten hopped up on catnip. Why was the Sphinx wearing a giant sombrero? It's a long story. Best laid plans and all.

It took all of us, including the new guy, the German ape with a Yiddish accent, jet pack, disintegration gun, and trombone. In the superhero business, you learn not to ask questions.

In the end we took the Sphinx down and dragged her back where she belonged, but not before melting off half her face with disintegration rays. Human casualties were pretty low, too. I think. We didn't stick around to find out. And good thing we were still in the bodies of those Nazi officers, after getting brain-switched in Berlin. That should keep us, the real us, out of the history books.

See, we fought the Sphinx in the summer of 1944, 65 years in our own past. We were time-traveling. By accident. Another long story.

I wonder if the future will be changed at all? We did a lot more than step on a butterfly. Either way, I still have to return the Spear of Longinus to the Pope...

(So that was our M&M2e group's adventure last Wed. night. Afterward, we dubbed it "A Sound of Blunder". What wacky fun have you all been up to recently?)

Last edited:

Doug McCrae

Legend
I've been running an M&M game also. Last session we discovered that president Obama has a diplomacy roll of +14 (10 ranks and cha 18) when he did some hard negotiating with Sekhmet, the queen of cats. Super-cats, the descendants of a Silver Age Streaky analogue - Ralph the Tornado Cat - were being controlled by Sekhmet and used to attack animal testing labs.

I was expecting the PCs to do the usual thing - find the bad guy responsible for the bad stuff and kick the crap out of him or her - but on this adventure they turned uncharacteristically diplomatic. The situation was resolved using a super-translator invented by the team's gadgeteer to allow the POTUS to broker a peace deal.

It was rather an odd resolution given that Sekhmet had killed a lot of people and not all the PCs were keen on it. The driving force behind the non-violent solution was a character whose primary concern is the threat of Cthulhoid beings from other dimensions and he thought Sekhmet and her Super-Cats could be a useful ally against these alien horrors.

Last edited:

Greg K

Legend
I want to know if the Sphinx was 'terribly mysterious'? And, what about using the mind to cut guns in half? Is there any truth to that as well?

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I want to know if the Sphinx was 'terribly mysterious'? And, what about using the mind to cut guns in half? Is there any truth to that as well?
I hadn't heard that. Meantime, I have an idea where we can get another guy...

Last edited:

Mallus

Legend
I've been running an M&M game also. Last session we discovered that president Obama has a diplomacy roll of +14 (10 ranks and cha 18) when he did some hard negotiating with Sekhmet, the queen of cats.

The situation was resolved using a super-translator invented by the team's gadgeteer to allow the POTUS to broker a peace deal.

The driving force behind the non-violent solution was a character whose primary concern is the threat of Cthulhoid beings from other dimensions and he thought Sekhmet and her Super-Cats could be a useful ally against these alien horrors.
I have a feeling your group and mine would get alone smashingly.

Storminator

First Post
In our most recent game Doc Comet cannibalized his Dinosaur Attractor ("I'll modulate the frequency of the pheromones from the giant wasps into the dinosaur range using the magic of radio!") and spliced it into Dr Null's mind control device, creating an inverse feedback loop and unleashing Gigantasaur.

After all, with an island worth of dinosaurs chasing Clark Paragon already, the Attractor had already served its purpose.

PS

Remove ads