Blog (A5E) So, what’s ZEITGEIST?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A number of people have asked for more information about the ZEITGEIST setting and the Gears of Revolution adventure path.

ZEITGEIST is one of our core settings. The ZEITGEIST setting is a step away from traditional fantasy. In many parts of the world, day to day existence is much unchanged from how folks lived centuries ago. Fey trickery, prowling monsters, and roaming brigands pose as great a threat as ever. Priests and druids offer guidance, and it’s possible to live all one’s entire years without seeing a steam engine.

Love Zeitgeist :D Gears of Revolution was the AP that was initially for 4e if I'm not mistaken, yeah?
Yeah, while some of the combat math in 4e needing adjusting mid-way through the game's lifespan, I loved the design of how it handled actions scenes. Early on though? Woo, it was like people in those inflatable sumo costumes just bouncing off each other for turn after turn. Way too many hit points.

If you want to see what we're up to now with ZEITGEIST, we released a standalone adventure for the setting - Death of the Author: Zeitgeist: Death of the Author (D&D 5e)

Xaielao

Explorer
Wow, there's a lot in the Zeitgeist book. I may need to add it to my pledge. I wasn't planning too as I use a homebrew setting, but considering the firearm rules are in there and I'm planning to run a late renaissance era nautical themed campaign for my first Level Up game it might just be too useful not to get lol.

Plus all these heritages. cultures, feats & the Savant class look sweet as well. :)

niklinna

satisfied?
Wow, there's a lot in the Zeitgeist book. I may need to add it to my pledge. I wasn't planning too as I use a homebrew setting, but considering the firearm rules are in there and I'm planning to run a late renaissance era nautical themed campaign for my first Level Up game it might just be too useful not to get lol.

Plus all these heritages. cultures, feats & the Savant class look sweet as well. :)
Sprinkling in a bit of tasty crunch is how they get you!

DataDwarf

Explorer

Sprinkling in a bit of tasty crunch is how they get you!

Yep. This is exactly how they got me. :p
Not sure the setting is my jam, but all of the character options really intrigued me.
I have some players that might really like the setting, so I'll probably give it a try. Maybe it will grow on me like a fungus. ;)

VenerableBede

Adventurer
Almost 100% of the reason I ever buy a setting book is because of the races, subclasses, classes, etc that come along with it... Zeitgeist easily hits that mark and then some.

Remove ads