So what are you reading this year 2021?

Davies

Legend
Just Finished: The Baron of Magister Valley, by Steven Brust, a Paarfi-written romance that owes a bit to The Count of Monte Cristo, which reveals the startling backstory of a figure from the Vlad Taltos novels. My jaw nearly dropped at the final reveal.

Currently Reading: I, Lucifer, by Peter O'Donnell, one of a series of novels the creator of the Modesty Blaise comic strip wrote about the series' characters. Dated as heck, but a fun ride.

Planning to Read: The Incrementalists, by Skyler White and Steven Brust.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Just Finished: The Baron of Magister Valley, by Steven Brust, a Paarfi-written romance that owes a bit to The Count of Monte Cristo, which reveals the startling backstory of a figure from the Vlad Taltos novels. My jaw nearly dropped at the final reveal.
I've been waffling picking that up, and this just pushed me over the edge.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Man, so far, I just cannot get into Tales of Undying Earth.....I may need to set it aside occasionally, as it is a series of short "stories" anyway.....

Zaukrie

New Publisher

Currently Reading: I, Lucifer, by Peter O'Donnell, one of a series of novels the creator of the Modesty Blaise comic strip wrote about the series' characters. Dated as heck, but a fun ride.

Planning to Read: The Incrementalists, by Skyler White and Steven Brust.
I do love those Brust books.....might need to pick that up.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Still reading Exploring Eberron by Keith Baker.

Still reading Searching for Bobby Fischer.

Finished reading White Night by Jim Butcher.

Still reading The Companions by R. A. Salvatore.

Still reading Rhythm of War by Brandon Sanderson.

Still reading Hillbilly Elegy by J. D. Vance.

Still reading The Battle of Salamis by Barry Strauss.

I just finished Haldeman's The Forever War. Definitely a massively influential work that has filtered down through the ages. Parts of it remained dated, while other parts were quite prescient.

Next is, as indicated, Flame and Crimson: A History of Sword and Sorcery, by Brian Murphy.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
The Forever War was also hugely controversial in the sci-fi community, it is a great book though, pretty much in the 'must read' category.

Right now I am finishing a collection of short stories by John D MacDonald called Other Times, Other Worlds.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Still reading Exploring Eberron by Keith Baker.

Still reading Searching for Bobby Fischer.

Started reading Small Favor by Jim Butcher.

Still reading The Companions by R. A. Salvatore.

Still reading Rhythm of War by Brandon Sanderson.

Still reading Hillbilly Elegy by J. D. Vance.

Still reading The Battle of Salamis by Barry Strauss.

Remove ads