D&D 5E So What ELSE is in The Next Essentials Players Book?

Scribble

First Post
So aside from the next wave of classes/races do we know anything else that is going to be in the next player's book?

I doubt they'll reprint the rules for skills so that's 24 pages right there of something else..

Plus the first 75 pages of the first book probably don't have to be reprinted...

Maybe more gear, and more weapons and more magic stuff, so those sections probably stayed. Same with feats.

Is the book smaller then the first one, or if not, what else do you think they put into it?

Think they went and snuck the idea of multi-classing in under the radar in the second book?

whydirt

First Post
I was under the impression that the two Essentials player's books will be effectively the same, except for the different classes being presented. The idea being that a player can purchase whichever book contains the class they're interested in and still having all the basic rules available.

drothgery

First Post
I was under the impression that the two Essentials player's books will be effectively the same, except for the different classes being presented. The idea being that a player can purchase whichever book contains the class they're interested in and still having all the basic rules available.

So was I. There will probably be some different feats due to the class lineup, and it'd be nice if the epic destiny provided is different just to have two different Essentials takes. But I expect any differences outside of the classes between Heroes of the Fallen Lands and Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms to be very minor.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I am joining the chorus. I don't think it Heroes II. You will see intro and rules stuff repeated (basically as it was repeated between Heroes and the Compendium).

As for sources, what, I am not good enough for ya?

drothgery

First Post
I am joining the chorus. I don't think it Heroes II. You will see intro and rules stuff repeated (basically as it was repeated between Heroes and the Compendium).

I definitely got the impression that HotFL and HotFK could substitute for each other, and that you would only need one of them, from the various previews and presentations WotC has given. I couldn't point the OP to exact quotes, though.

Festivus

First Post
If recent history plays out again, we should start hearing of premiere stores having demo copies in a week or so. I know Gamma World comes to the shop on Friday, as well as the Essentials DM boxed set.

When the red box came in early, along with something else I can't recall now, there was a copy of the Essentials Heroes of the Fallen Lands for the store to demo.

Scribble

First Post

Are you kidding??? You're the least reliable one! :p

Seriously though, I wasn't asking for a source from a position of doubt- I was just curious if there was something I missed.

Scribble

First Post
If recent history plays out again, we should start hearing of premiere stores having demo copies in a week or so. I know Gamma World comes to the shop on Friday, as well as the Essentials DM boxed set.

When the red box came in early, along with something else I can't recall now, there was a copy of the Essentials Heroes of the Fallen Lands for the store to demo.

The next player's book isn't in stores until mid November though- so I'm thinking closer to the end of October at the earliest.

Remove ads