So what ever happened to the Far Realm?

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
I never really understood the concept of the far realm. I just used them as another name for CN Limbo. And I liked that name better.

While I like it in concept, it just never had any real relevance for any game I've been in... no one ever needed to know anything about it. And no one ever played an Alienist PrC :)

@Sepulchrave II put it to good use with Mostin the Metagnostic's character in his game.

I particularly love Ghom

Arnwolf666

Adventurer
Really I thought it was just a place to put Cthulhu monsters. CN seemed perfect for the amoral entities to me. But I am interested in exploring the
Far realm as another dimension that is maybe a material plane that is overwhelmed with madness and the CN plane of limbo. Basically there is some connection between the two.

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Maybe Xoriat from Eberron is a good "link" between Limbo and the Far Realm? It certainly has flavor and shares commonalities with both.

Teemu

Hero
Maybe Xoriat from Eberron is a good "link" between Limbo and the Far Realm? It certainly has flavor and shares commonalities with both.
Eberron does have its own separate Limbo though; Kythri the Churning Chaos. Xoriat is the plane of nightmarish insanity and extreme creativity, related to mental and biological matters. Kythri is physical and material chaos, like Limbo, so it’s not something that drives you insane.

Remove ads