D&D 5E So what happens when a non Drow attempts to become a dryder?

Azurewraith

Explorer
Other races Can become Driders, Lolth threatens a Gold Elf with the possiblity of becoming the first Gold Drider.

She hasn't bother up to this point, but if you want you could make it part of Lolth's latest plans.

That is interesting may i ask where this comes from want to look it up to get the context that and the the 5e MM says only drow can become driders lore flip-flops do annoy me.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Well, remember that the drow are in an abusive relationship with their goddess. They "revere" here in about the same way as an abused child "reveres" their parent - with fear dressed up as adoration, toadying to avoid wrath.

Also note that becoming a drider entails removal from drow society, as such. Any desires you had are now subsumed by your close duty to the goddess (and remember this is traditionally considered a chaotic society, where personal freedom is a primary goal). You have no *personal* power as a drider, nothing you achieve for yourself. You will have no children, enjoy few if any of the joys of the flesh, and don't get to glory in your successes, because you don't have any for yourself.
Also children are simply not allowed to fear their parents these days something about abuse. Happened the same time kids with no respect showed up interesting that.

Eilserus

First Post
Lolth once threatened a surface elf with being turned into a golden drider. Which she noted as he would be the first golden drider. Lolth secretly wishes to be worshipped by the surface races. This is all per Forgotten Realms lore. Lolth is chaotic, there really are no rules with her as long as it plays into her designs. Most importantly, have fun. ;)

gyor

Legend
That is interesting may i ask where this comes from want to look it up to get the context that and the the 5e MM says only drow can become driders lore flip-flops do annoy me.

Spoiler Alert

The novel Evermeet, but remember it was a Goddess making the threat, not a drow priestress and the Gold Elf had fallen under Lolth's influence so its likely the exception, not the rule.

Remove ads