• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So what is up with Dragonlance?

Razuur

First Post
This new announcement scares me.

With the announcement of the cancellation of the DL adventure game (probably a good idea), we see M. Weis forging here own new company.

I am not sure if it means that Soveriegn and DL are being left behind for her?

Are Jamie and Cam leaving SP too?

If so, it would seem that DL has lost the core of it's talent...

I sure hope this isn't the case. It makes me wonder if there were some strange conditions to the DL liscence that prevent Soveriegn from doing some of the things it wanted.

What does everyone think of the DL and SS settings futures now?

P.

talinthas

First Post
you're seeing smoke where there is no fire.
SP consists of four people- Margaret, Jamie Chambers, Renae Chambers, and Sean Everett. Those four are also the people in Margaret's new company. Cam is a freelancer who does a ton of DL work.

Now, you may have noticed that Gloriana was announced as being cancelled. This was Cam's other project. Why did he cancel it? Cause he was so busy with DL that he had no time for it.

Dragonlance has a very solid line up of products well into 2006, and since it is currently the only profit making product SP has, it's not going anywhere. Margaret's new company is basically so that she can go and start new products and books and such without disrupting Dragonlance. SP has established itself as a game company. Margaret Weis Productions can establish itself as whatever it wants.

Plus, with SovStone going back to Elmore Productions, inc, there is no real reason to keep the Sovereign Press Name.

My thoughts are that when the DL contract between WotC and SP is up, SP will dissolve and Margaret Weis Productions will take up the mantel. It's the same people with a new name.

Nothing to worry about, homie. Even the DL adventure game will be salvaged and used in a product down the line (not sure it's been officially announced, so i'm not gonna say anything)

Cam Banks

Adventurer
mythusmage said:
Think you'll ever get back to Gloriana, or foist it off on somebody else. (hint. :) )

Gloriana's my baby, at least in the form that I originally thought of it as. I'm sure the concept of "Elizabethan d20" isn't that radical, but there it is. :) One of these days...

Cheers,
Cam

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Cam Banks said:
Gloriana's my baby, at least in the form that I originally thought of it as. I'm sure the concept of "Elizabethan d20" isn't that radical, but there it is. :) One of these days...

Cheers,
Cam

Now Gloriana's your baby. When it gets published...

BTW, ever thought of letting somebody foster it? Choose a godparent for the project and see what they do with it.

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
TheAuldGrump said:
Psst... Mythus Mage... You grab him while I get the cage and typewriter ready...

The Auld Grump

Nah. Just give him a choice between yardwork and Gloriana. Every time he gets up from the typewriter just point out the mower and wink knowingly. :eek:

Cam Banks

Adventurer
mythusmage said:
Now Gloriana's your baby. When it gets published...

BTW, ever thought of letting somebody foster it? Choose a godparent for the project and see what they do with it.

My wife would never forgive me.

Cheers,
Cam

Remove ads