So what's the most powerful combo in Rifts?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I only ever saw the first book, and so long ago that it is probably not the case now, but the edition I saw it was possible for a juicer to become hugely over-the-top crazy. Something to do with being able to get lots of extra actions or something?

They were the ultimate 'live fast, die young' character class at the time!

Chainsaw

Banned
Banned
I had that book in high school.. soft cover, demon guy on a floating barge surrounded by half-naked women. Setting looked cool as heck and I wanted to play all the classes, but we never did. I'd love to find someone local and get involved.

TroyXavier

First Post
I can't say I'm an expert on it so I won't venture a guess, but I do know that it's rarely so much the classes as the races that tend to be overpowered. I will say they've reigned it in a bit from the early years (except maybe in the Dimensional Books, but I don't have most of the recent ones of those)

Green Knight

First Post
Yeah, the Cosmo-Knight was pretty tough. I played one almost 10 years ago in a space-based Phase World campaign, back when playing the Palladium system didn't automatically cause me to break out in hives.

Another crazy combo I heard of was a Demigod with a Heroes Unlimited martial arts class. I forget what the class was called (Ancient Master, maybe?), but the gist of it was that the class started at level 15, to represent a long life of studying the martial arts (think Quai Chang Caine). The funny thing, though, was that a Demigod could select the class abilities of several spellcasters, including the Ley Line Walker, and he automatically knew all the spells for that class equal to his level. So such a character could, quite literally, start out a campaign knowing every single spell there is in the game for the Ley Line Walker. Though from what I understand, that was nerfed. Still funny as hell, though.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
1) Get out Heroes Unlimited. Ignoring the randomness of the random power chart, make a Superhero.

2) Get the RIFTS Conversion book and convert the Superhero's stats into RIFTS.

3) Start loading him down with RIFTS gear, like getting him a SAMAS or Glitterboy.

Remove ads