So what's the most powerful combo in Rifts?

Nytmare

David Jose
For the most part, even though I ran a lot of Rifts games, I never really had to deal with the wackiness because I almost always played with groups of people who were big on constraining themselves and the source material. So they'd opt to do something like playing a pack of Dogboys trying to escape Lonestar, or limiting themselves to a single book and making a bunch of cyborg cops in New Germany or something.

I think it might have been the last open game of Rifts I ran, but I had three people in a row come up with character concepts that I ended up turning away. The first guy wanted to play a Scarecrow Burster because Scarecrows were impervious to everything but fire and Bursters were immune to fire. The next two guys wanted to play cyborgs and the only thing they were interested in was #1 whether or not they could get tactical nuclear weapons built into their bodies, and #2 if I thought that the damage of a nuke would be able to kill everyone else in the group.

Ah, the good old days.

Lost Knowledge

First Post
I played TMNT and Robotech before rifts so i was familiar with the balanced versions of the Pladium system. My first character in rifts was a randomly rolled hereos unlimited character(so 100% legit) my group had a line walker (legal), two adult dragons (not legit) a greater demon ( auctualy used a npc) and a full conversion borg ( with numerous nonstandard/legit parts) after two weeks it became obvious i could whipe the floor with any two of them. So even what looks like a power combo could find itself crippled by a random character.

In my rifts campaign, our GM was extremely generous and accepting, basically his theory was that if nothing in the books says that it's impossible, you can do it. So, I made a Demon Dragon Mage Dragon-Juicer. And he's pretty scary at level 1. I can't wait until he reaches level 10, and transforms.

Remove ads