WotC So, when do the announce the July book? Guesses on what it'll be? 🤔

Sometimes gambling is fun. Unlike Blackjack in Vegas, at least you get some cool collectibles and game pieces no matter what.

The Bundle is just 10 draft boosters and some land and some other swag (and three Dungeons, in this case).

20 foil basic lands, 20 none foil basic lands, 10 Draft Booster Packs, 3 Oversized Dungeon cards, d20, deck box.

So most likely 50 Basic Lands (the FR set is supposed to have 4 versions of all 5 basic land types, with flavour text), 100 commons, 30 uncommons, 10 rare/mythic rares, 3 Oversized Dungeon Cards (these clearly don't go into your deck, they must have another purpose), and the life counter/d20. Depending on what these cost that is not bad, although Draft booster packs/boxes have been under printed in both Time Spiral and Strixhaven sets, I think that won't be a problem with AFR because they will be expecting more of a drafting focus for the set because of the end of the Pandemic so more will be printed.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
20 foil basic lands, 20 none foil basic lands, 10 Draft Booster Packs, 3 Oversized Dungeon cards, d20, deck box.

So most likely 50 Basic Lands (the FR set is supposed to have 4 versions of all 5 basic land types, with flavour text), 100 commons, 30 uncommons, 10 rare/mythic rares, 3 Oversized Dungeon Cards (these clearly don't go into your deck, they must have another purpose), and the life counter/d20. Depending on what these cost that is not bad, although Draft booster packs/boxes have been under printed in both Time Spiral and Strixhaven sets, I think that won't be a problem with AFR because they will be expecting more of a drafting focus for the set because of the end of the Pandemic so more will be printed.
It's a pretty good deal, depending on price & availability, but once you have bought two or three you will have all the Lands you will ever need and some extras. As such, most people tend to buy the booster boxes, which also come with some bulk savings (usually). The deck box is going to be a pretty basic cardboard box, but it will hold cards. These lands look legit, so I'll probably get a bundle or two just for the landpacks (hopefully the foil situation continues as it has with Strixhaven).

Oversized cards are very rare and odd, so I'm curious to see how these Dungeons work.

It's a pretty good deal, depending on price & availability, but once you have bought two or three you will have all the Lands you will ever need and some extras. As such, most people tend to buy the booster boxes, which also come with some bulk savings (usually). The deck box is going to be a pretty basic cardboard box, but it will hold cards. These lands look legit, so I'll probably get a bundle or two just for the landpacks (hopefully the foil situation continues as it has with Strixhaven).

Oversized cards are very rare and odd, so I'm curious to see how these Dungeons work.

Yeah me as well. I under if they will be named after fameous FR dungeons like Undermountain.

That somewhat depends if you're hoping to go down to game night at the store, or play with friends at home.
Play with friends
Have a friend who was also curious. Plan is getting a small stack of set cards that we can use to build our own decks, test different colors and customize. But also not worry about having to compete with other players or give a flip about the metagame.

I've noticed in the art a armoured Lizardfolk attacking Xanathar (you can tell its a Lizardfolk and not a Dragonborn by the frill on the head) with what looks like a Wolf Companion.

I briefly concidered the possiblity it could be Dragonbait, but its definately a Lizardfolk, not a Saurial.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Thanks to this thread, I finally know what "spindown dice" are. I got my kids some jumbo sized D20s, which they bust out for climactic battles, and was wondering why the numbering was arranged differently. The fact that it makes it easier to know where to find the next number, when you're tracking things in MtG explains a lot.

(And yes, if my kids were vastly better at careful rolling, they could use this property to manipulate their rolls. We had to make a special rule that dice falling off the table results in automatic disadvantage in D&D, so I'm not too worried about them cheating with their jumbo spindown dice.)

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
\
Thanks to this thread, I finally know what "spindown dice" are. I got my kids some jumbo sized D20s, which they bust out for climactic battles, and was wondering why the numbering was arranged differently. The fact that it makes it easier to know where to find the next number, when you're tracking things in MtG explains a lot.

(And yes, if my kids were vastly better at careful rolling, they could use this property to manipulate their rolls. We had to make a special rule that dice falling off the table results in automatic disadvantage in D&D, so I'm not too worried about them cheating with their jumbo spindown dice.)
you should never allow these to be used in d&d or require something like a dice tower if you do. They can be incredibly swingy & are pretty easy to rig your rolls with given a bit of practice. I had to ban them due to one particular player

Remove ads