WotC So, when do the announce the July book? Guesses on what it'll be? 🤔

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Play with friends
Have a friend who was also curious. Plan is getting a small stack of set cards that we can use to build our own decks, test different colors and customize. But also not worry about having to compete with other players or give a flip about the metagame.
Getting a few Prerelease kits and some Bundles should give you the Land cards and cards necessary to bashkir some decks. The Sets are designed for keyword synergy to be intuitive.
Thanks to this thread, I finally know what "spindown dice" are. I got my kids some jumbo sized D20s, which they bust out for climactic battles, and was wondering why the numbering was arranged differently. The fact that it makes it easier to know where to find the next number, when you're tracking things in MtG explains a lot.

(And yes, if my kids were vastly better at careful rolling, they could use this property to manipulate their rolls. We had to make a special rule that dice falling off the table results in automatic disadvantage in D&D, so I'm not too worried about them cheating with their jumbo spindown dice.)
Pretty sure spindown dice actually have a history as tools that predates Magic considerably, but we got similar big dice before I knew that, too.

Pretty sure spindown dice actually have a history as tools that predates Magic considerably, but we got similar big dice before I knew that, too.
I can't find any mention of the term prior to MtG usage. Although the doubling dice in backgammon operates on a similar principle, and that goes back thousands of years.

Remove ads