Some Deity like Eilistraee in Greyhawk world?

dave2008

Legend
Just make Eclavdra the good Goddess in Greyhawk, or a proxy for a greater diety sponsoring her. There might not be any Canon for a drow good diety, and Gygax made his Gord novel series as an ending to Oerth as he lost TSR, so the world is differentthan published material. But Gygax creating anything to do with Greyhawk is as good a blessing there is to being canonized.
Just an FYI, this thread is 7 years old and the person you responded to has not been here in 3 years.

Cleon

Legend
Eclavdra is a drow cleric, not a god, unless I've forgotten a lot about the Gord novels. And clone aside, OG Eclavdra is definitely not good.

As above.

Eclavdra is a chaotic evil cleric, with a Capital E for Evil and probably a Capital K for Khaos ('cause Poor Literacy Is Kool! :)).

In her original 1E Against the Giants appearances, Eclavdra was leading the cult of the Elder Elemental Eye which didn't really have any explanation in the original material. Auxiliary material such as the Gord books and other Gygax sources suggests a connection with Elemental Evil (as in T1-T4 The Temple of Elemental Evil) which was possibly a "front" for Tharizdun, although it's all very vague.

That doesn't help any for figuring out what deity Leda from the Gord the Rogue books follows.

Davies

Legend
That doesn't help any for figuring out what deity Leda from the Gord the Rogue books follows.
As she was a clone created by Grazz't, and one review notes that she gradually becomes more like the original Eclavdra, I would say that she receives spells from Grazz't and is not quite so good as all that.

Gravenhurst48

Explorer
Just make Eclavdra the good Goddess in Greyhawk, or a proxy for a greater diety sponsoring her. There might not be any Canon for a drow good diety, and Gygax made his Gord novel series as an ending to Oerth as he lost TSR, so the world is differentthan published material. But Gygax creating anything to do with Greyhawk is as good a blessing there is to being canonized.
Correction: I was corrected about Gords girlfriend name is Leda, a clone of Eclavdra. Thanx. Its been a long time since I have read any of the novels. My option still stands, for Leda becoming a protected proxy, angel, servant, demigod, heroinne, whatever for a higher deity protector, breathing true life to Leda separating her from Eclavdra. Or Leda could be a counter aspect for a dualistic diety of the elves or a neutral drow Goddess. Mother Beory could take on this new creation birthing new good drows herself? Where only evil drow come from Lolth. Again, nothing is Canon but the game is yours to improvise and expand. Everything D&D is a guideline to choose your own creation.
I have delved into Lolth being dualistic, and it's a secret for my players. Shhhhhh!

Gravenhurst48

Explorer
As above.

Eclavdra is a chaotic evil cleric, with a Capital E for Evil and probably a Capital K for Khaos ('cause Poor Literacy Is Kool! :)).

In her original 1E Against the Giants appearances, Eclavdra was leading the cult of the Elder Elemental Eye which didn't really have any explanation in the original material. Auxiliary material such as the Gord books and other Gygax sources suggests a connection with Elemental Evil (as in T1-T4 The Temple of Elemental Evil) which was possibly a "front" for Tharizdun, although it's all very vague.

Yes, the Drow module series most likely influenced my memory in thinking Eclavdra was Gords girlfriend because Leda is only in Gygaxs Gord the Rogue novels, so it is an easy mistake to forget about Leda. Lol.
Yes, the mega dungeon of the Giants-Drow-Temple combination does expand on a plot between the Demon Princes tying all three series together. I have replayed my copy so many times the books is all in single pages now. The glued binding was she-ite. I believe the revamped Slavers series was also tied into the GDT-Evil mega dungeon because of the Elder Eye affiliated with the Dragon Earth Cult in Slavers. Sumfin like that.
But yeah, Leda is an example, and clones are aspects or copies of their proginator, so she is evil. And was used to spy on Gord anyways, if I recall. But he tried to make her good. In Greyhawk, for me, drow will always be evil - maybe. So any female drow or male, could be part of a new cult of good, hunted down by Lolth fanatics and Elemental Evil haters.

Last edited:

Gravenhurst48

Explorer
As above.

Yes, the Drow module series most likely influenced my memory in thinking Eclavdra was Gords girlfriend because Leda is only in Gygaxs Gord the Rogue novels, so it is an easy mistake to forget about Leda. Lol.
Yes, the mega dungeon of the Giants-Drow-Temple combination does expand on a plot between the Demon Princes tier g all three series together. I have replayed this do many times me module is all in single pages now. The glued binding was she-ite. But 20 years use will wear put a soft back for sure. I believe the revamped Slavers series was also tied into the GDT-Evil mega dungeon because of the Elder Eye affiliated with the Dragon Earth Cult in Slavers. Sumfin like that.
But yeah, Leda is an example, and clones are aspects or copies of their proginator, so she is evil. And was used as a spy on Gord anyways, if I recall. But he tried to make her good. In Greyhawk, for me, drow will always be evil - maybe. So any female drow or male, could be part of a new cult of good, hunted down by Lolth fanatics and Elemental Evil haters
Just an FYI, this thread is 7 years old and the person you responded to has not been here in 3 years.
Doesn't stop fans from continuing the conversation. Until thread is closed blocking replies:)

Gravenhurst48

Explorer
Eclavdra is a drow cleric, not a god, unless I've forgotten a lot about the Gord novels. And clone aside, OG Eclavdra is definitely not good.
You are correct. The ladies are just evil drow bitches. But, expanding on the threads question are there any good gods like "Eilistraee in Greyhawk", using Leda as an example where goodness in a drow can happen from being (this is make believe - anything is possible) influenced, encouraged, supported by another non-drow deity, promoting Leda to an elevated purpose, thus changing her alignment to good, or chaotic good. Leda is an example, name change to protect from the diehard Canon fanatics :)

Remove ads