• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Some employers won't hire WOW players... Supposedly

At one of my jobs there is a section listed as 'Externals'. You are graded on this and it affect raises and being employeed.

Does your personal life and habits interfer with your job perfermance.

I ran into this not with my hobbies but when the wife and I were having issues. It affected my mood, I had people coming in to report to me bad activities and occationally the wife would come in and suggest I was wrong to monitor her.

This clearly did interfer with my job and my job performance. I don't like it but it's very understandable on why a company would use this against me.

kyuss

Explorer
At one of my jobs there is a section listed as 'Externals'. You are graded on this and it affect raises and being employeed.

Does your personal life and habits interfer with your job perfermance.

I ran into this not with my hobbies but when the wife and I were having issues. It affected my mood, I had people coming in to report to me bad activities and occationally the wife would come in and suggest I was wrong to monitor her.

This clearly did interfer with my job and my job performance. I don't like it but it's very understandable on why a company would use this against me.

That's the most brutal thing I've ever heard. There's no way in hell my union would tolerate that crap. I feel sorry for you pal.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Not that I agree with it, but it's a two-way street. I would imagine some of those employers have had problems in the past with folks playing WOW (and other games) while at work. I've seen a couple of people fired for doing that.

It would be an odd reason not to hire someone for a job driving a truck or working on a factory line or some other non-desk job though...

frankthedm

First Post
It would be an odd reason not to hire someone for a job driving a truck or working on a factory line or some other non-desk job though...
:confused: I'd hope you are kidding. Someone falling asleep at a desk job means a someone's schedule is killed. Someone falling asleep while driving a truck means someone's family is killed.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
:confused: I'd hope you are kidding. Someone falling asleep at a desk job means a someone's schedule is killed. Someone falling asleep while driving a truck means someone's family is killed.

I was referring to playing WOW while at work - easier to do at a desk job than behind the wheel.

But yeah, driving a truck while sleep-deprived because you stayed up all night playing WOW would definitely not be a good thing. But then again, most sleep-deprived truck drivers are so deprived because of the crazy ass schedules and deadlines they are often given by their employers...

frankthedm

First Post
I was referring to playing WOW while at work - easier to do at a desk job than behind the wheel.

But yeah, driving a truck while sleep-deprived because you stayed up all night playing WOW would definitely not be a good thing. But then again, most sleep-deprived truck drivers are so deprived because of the crazy ass schedules and deadlines they are often given by their employers...
Don't forget ditching sleep to get a job done to get to the next one ASAP because the contract pay can't cover more than a few days living expenses due to fuel price spikes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads