Some spells, a childish character, and a self-deprecating player. What's not to like?

Lela

First Post
One more. Genshou, I played around with your's a little. I need to rewrite some of my portions for flow but I like it. Wish I had Subtle Enchantment on it though.

Peter's Unpleasant Playhouse
Create Earth 1/Evoke Air 10/Charm Humanoid 2/Gen 3
Total MP: 16
Range: 30 ft
Duration: Ten minutes
Area: 10-foot radius circle
Saving Throw: Reflex half (see text) and Will Partial/Negates
HD Threshold: 7
This spell creates a sphere of solid stone six inches thick around the target creature or point, at the extent of the spell’s radius. Creatures inside are trapped unless they break the earthen walls (hardness 8, hp 90 per 100 square feet of wall) or find some other means of escape.

The truly lethal aspect of the spell is the whirling tornado winds that whip back and forth through the room. Any corporeal creature on the same plane of existence inside the tomb takes 1d6 points of piercing damage each round, including the first. A Reflex save reduces the damage from any given round to half.

In addition, all humanoids trapped within the wall must make a Will save or be held in place, losing any Dexterity bonus to AC and suffering an additional -2 to AC. They can still take purely mental actions but automatically fail any Reflex saves. If the creature pases its Will save by 5 or less, it can take no actions but defends itself normally, including normal reflex saves. The target may make an additional Will Save each round, moving down to the secondary effect if it passes or no Daze effect if it passes by more than 5 or passes while on the secondary effect. Costs: Create Stone Wall 1 MP, Enduring Air Damage 10 MP, Moderate Daze Effect 2 MP, Range 1 MP, Area 1 MP, Duration 1 MP.

Last edited:

Lela

First Post
RangerWickett said:
An oversight. I think in 3.0 it was just 1 point of Con, and I did not notice the change.

I think it was too. I assume, then, that 2 points of Con loss is more appropriate. Changes made above.

RangerWickett said:
Interesting spells, but sadly I can't comment on them now.

Interesting? Well, if you say so. All three are rather straightforward uses of the individual seeds, as intended. I'd say the names are well crafted but, other than that, I see them as pretty average.

Still, I'm wondering if I did Peter's Beautiful Beneficence correctly.

Last edited:

Remove ads