Some spells, a childish character, and a self-deprecating player. What's not to like?

Lela

First Post
As long as each spell I've created has already been typed, I figured I'd put them out here. Feel free to peruse at your leisure and give any feedback that comes to mind.

There will be errors, both miner and major. I've only been studying the book since Saturday night (about 4 days). It's not recommended that anyone use these unless you give them a close look, though you are welcome to add them to your own game--not that I could stop you.

As for posting or printing, let's hold off on that for a bit. Once they've been given a closer look, I'll give my ok (so long as I'm referenced).

Now, on to the juicy bits. A couple things that should be noted about me, the character, and the campaign:

1. I've been DMing for a while and this is my first real go at a PC in, oh, about a year. I'm taking a break and fully intend to have fun with this. As such, my character will enjoy himself in every way he can.
  2. He's Peter Pan/Puck based, appearing 12 years old and delighting in his youth and perceived immaturity. Why he's young has yet to be determined. I've considered the Move Time list. Any other suggestions would be appreciated (See Attachment for working draft of character sheet if you'd like more details).
  3. Peter is not a letch, though it may appear so. As an example, he uses Peter's Busty Women, along with Grapes Are Good, to enjoy leaning back and being fed. Beyond that, it's all innuendo and the occasional prank.
  4. He's a rather complex character who plays himself off as being simple. Like Puck, he views the rest of the world as both a toy and the most important thing in the universe. His choices, while seemingly random, always have a purpose. That includes spell names. You should notice the occasional vocabulary word you may need to look up. Additions or suggestions are certainly welcome.
  5. All spell's names must be 3 words long (exceptions include extensions like "Lesser," "Greater," "Still," etc. Read the character sheet if you care why.
  6. One of the two DMs has included the Seduction skill (as a separate skill) in the past. A couple spells are based off the assumption that it will be included. Note: Happily, we'll be using Diplomacy or Bluff, whichever is appropriote. I'll make the relevent changes below when I get the chance.
  7. I'm dyslexic. Please point out any spelling, grammar, or coding errors you notice. I've spell checked and proofread but something always gets through.
  8. Changes made since this began are in Dark Slate Blue and posted seperately.

Anything else that needs explaining will be put forth in an additional post and listed above.

Enjoy,

Glory of Youth, Lesser
Infuse Fire 3/Infuse Air 1/Gen 1
Total MP: 5
Range: Touch
Duration: 10 Minutes
By casting this spell, using an appropriate command word (or words), you can add a +4 enhancement bonus to Charisma and a +2 enhancement bonus to Dexterity. Costs: Enhance Ability Score (Cha) 3 MP, Enhance Ability Score (Dex) 1 MP, Duration 1 MP.

Little Lecherous Liar, Lesser, Still
Infuse Fire 2/Metamagic 2/Gen 1
By casting this spell, using an appropriate command word (or words), you can add a +9 to all bluff checks for the duration. No gestures are necessary. Costs: Enhance Skill 2, Still Spell 2 MP, Duration 1 MP.
Oft used command words: “C'mon, you believe me, right?” “Believe Me” “ “What?” or any other simple phrase.

Peter’s Lilting Command
Charm Humanoid 3 / Gen 1
Total MP: 4
Range: 30 ft
Duration: One Minute
HD Threshold: 6 HD
You give the target a one or two-word command, which it obeys, though it may distort your intent. If the order is dangerous, the target receives a +2 to his save and if the order is obviously suicidal, the target automatically resists. The target does not receive additional saving throws each round. Costs: 0 MP Simple Language Command, 3 MP Subtle Enchantment, 1 MP Range.

Peter’s Heavy Breathing
Evoke Air 3/ Gen 2
Range: 30 ft, Discerning
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Reflex Half and Fortitude Partial
You create explosion of Air in a central point, dealing 3d6 pts of damage (Reflex Half). In addition, those affected must make a Fortitude save or be knocked back 5 ft in a direction chosen by the caster. All targets must move the same direction (creatures moving up move ¼ the distance). For every 5 pts the creature fails its saving throw, the creature moves an additional 5 ft. Creatures who move more than 10 ft fall over as if tripped.

The caster must choose 5 creatures who are affected by this spell. Costs: 1 MP Mild Side Effect (Knockback), 2 MP Air Damage, 1 MP Discerning, 1MP Range.

Peter's Wondrous View
Move Air 4 / Gen 1
You grant a creature touched a fly speed equal to their base speed with average maneuverability. Costs: Move Air 4 MP, Duration 1 MP.

Protect the Fallen
Illusion Shadow 3/Heal 1/Gen 0
Duration: 1 Minute
The affected creature is protected by invisibility and is healed for 1d6 HP. If the affected creature deals damage to, or casts a spell and has it resisted by, another creature, that creature is allowed to attempt to disbelieve automatically, with a +4 bonus. Designed to protect allies who’ve been sent into unconsciousness, this spell proves useful in other situations. Costs: 3 MP Complex Visual Illusion, 1 MP Curing.

That's Not Good
Move Space 4/Illusion Shadow 1/Gen 0
Teleport up to 150 ft away and become partially invisible, granting a +10 bonus to Sneak checks made to avoid being seen. The teleport effect can be activated once at any time during the spell. Costs: Teleport 4 MP, Standard Visual Illusion 1 MP.

Touch of Healing, Greater
Heal 1/ Gen 0
Total MP: 0
Heal 2d6 pts of damage to target touched. Costs: Cure Damage 1 MP.

Spells Known

Essence of Life
Heal 5/ Gen 0
Heal 6d6 pts of damage to target touched. Costs: Cure Damage 5 MP.

Essence of Life, Ranged
Heal 4/ Gen 1
Heal 5d6 pts of damage to target. Costs: Cure Damage 4 MP, Range 1 MP.

Germain’s All-Consuming Defense
Abjure Nature 4/Gen 1
+5 enhancement bonus to all armor classes (normal, touch, flat-footed). Does not stack with any other enhancement bonuses. Costs: Armor Class Nature 4 MP, Duration 1 MP.

Grapes Are Good
Create Nature 0/Gen 3
Total MP: 3
Duration: 1 Hour
You create a massive pile of grapes in a large wooden bowl. At the end of the spell, grapes that were consumed disappear, leaving you with an empty stomach. Costs: Food 0 MP, duration 3 MP.

I See You
Divination 5/ Gen 0
Make a Divination check, DC 10 + Time Modifier (pg 53). If you succeed you gain an overview of the history (or future) of the subject up to the limits of the time modifier in a given span of time. The shorter the span of time, the more details your receive; the longer, the more general the information. For example, if you sought the details on a sword for one week's worth of time, you will see what battles it has been used in and who it has killed. If you look to the past 100 years you'll only get a vague recollection of it's owners. If you succeed the DC by 10 or more you gain more specific information (though never the full history). Costs: Divination 5 MP.

Little Lecherous Liar, Lesser
Infuse Fire 4//Gen 1
By casting this spell, using an appropriate command word (or words), the target can add a +15 to all bluff checks for the duration. Costs: Enhance Skill 4, Duration 1 MP.
Oft used command words: “C'mon, you believe me, right?” “Believe Me” “ “What?” or any other simple phrase.

Make it Count
Infuse Force 3/Gen 2
Area: 10 ft Radius
Choose up to 5 creatures within the area receive a +3 to attack and damage rolls. Costs: Enhance Attack 4 MP, Area 1 MP, Discerning 1 MP.

Peter's Deliquescing Wink, Lesser
Infuse Fire 2/ Gen 3
Duration: One Hour
Target gains a +9 to all Diplomacy checks. Costs: Enhance Skill 2 MP, Duration 3 MP.

Peter's Twinkling Eyes, Lesser
Spellcraft 0/ Gen 1
Total MP: 1
Range: Personal
Area: 10 ft Radius
Casting Time: 1 Minute
Sky blue eyes appear as if clouds are flowing through them. Make a Spellcraft check (DC 0). If you succeed you know if there is any magic in the area of effect. If you succeed by 10 or more, you know roughly how many different magical effects there are and what their general power levels are (ambient 1 MP, faint 5 MP, moderate 10 MP, strong 20 MP, overwhelming 21+ MP). You also know whether any given creature in the area of effect has spellcasting, spell-like, or supernatural abilities. If there are more than 8 spells you learn the range of power from weakest to strongest but need to make an individual check for each item. You may make an additional check each round during the casting time, keeping the highest (except as noted above). Costs: Detect Magic 0 MP, 1 MP Area.

Touch of Healing
Heal 0/ Gen 0
Heal 1d6 pts of damage to target touched. Costs: Cure Damage 1 MP.

Wet, Snapping, Towel
Create Nature 0/Gen 0
Creates a soft, clean cotton towel. The towel can be soapy or clean, and scented in a wide variety of floral scents. Additionally, a small discolored patch in the corner can be sucked on to provide nutrients (you'd need to add the Enduring Life enhancement for the nutrients to last longer than the spell's duration). The towel has additional properties based on other spell lists that you know as follows:
Create Water: The towel can be any reasonable degree of wet, useful for cleaning yourself off or snapping fellow party members who annoy you.
Create Fire: The towel can be any reasonable degree of warmth.
Create Ice: The towel can be any reasonable degree of cold.. obviously not at the same time.

Spells Sot After

Glory of Youth
Infuse Fire 5/Infuse Air 3/Gen 1
Total MP: 9
By casting this spell, using an appropriate command word (or words), you can add a +6 enhancement bonus to Charisma and a +4 Enhancement bonus to Dexterity. Costs: Enhance Ability Score 5 MP, Duration 1 MP.

Glory of Youth, Greater
Infuse Fire 11/Infuse Air 5/Gen 1
Total MP: 17
By casting this spell, using an appropriate command word (or words), you can add a +10 enhancement bonus to Charisma and a +6 enhancement bonus to Dexterity. Costs: Enhance Ability Score (Cha) 11 MP, Enhance Ability Score (Dex) 5 MPDuration 1 MP.

Grapes Are Good, Satiating
Create Nature 1/Create Life 2/Gen 3
Duration: 1 Hour and Persistent
You create a massive pile of grapes in a large wooden bowl. The grapes that are consumed become part of you and are considered nourishment. Costs: Food 1 MP, enduring enchantment 2 MP, duration 3 MP.

Little Lecherous Liar
Infuse Fire 6/Gen 1
Total MP: 7
By casting this spell, using an appropriate command word (or words), you can add a +21 to all bluff checks for the duration. Costs: Enhance Skill 6, Duration 1 MP.
Appropriate command words: “C'mon, you believe me, right?” “Believe Me” “ “What?” etc.

Little Lecherous Liar, Greater
Infuse Fire 10/Gen 1
Total MP: 11
By casting this spell, using an appropriate command word (or words), you can add a +33 to all bluff checks for the duration. Costs: Enhance Skill 6, Duration 1 MP.
Appropriate command words: “C'mon, you believe me, right?” “Believe Me” “ “What?” etc.

Peter's Busty Women
Summon Humanoid 4/Gen 3
Total MP: 7 MP
You summon two busty female identical twins (of any age) who will do your bidding. Each woman is CR ½. It's recommended that you use Create Nature to get yourself some grapes. Costs: Summon Humanoid 2 MP, Obedient 2 MP, Duration 3 MP.

Peter's Deliquescing Wink
Infuse Fire 5/ Gen 3
Total MP: 8
Gain a +18 to all Diplomacy checks. Costs: Enhance Skill 5 MP, Duration 3 MP.

Peter's Deliquescing Wink, Greater
Infuse Fire 8/ Gen 3
Total MP: 11
Gain a +27 to all Diplomacy checks. Costs: Enhance Skill 8 MP, Duration 3 MP.

Peter's Perfect View
Move Air 6 / Gen 8
Total MP: 14
Duration: 1 Day
You grant a creature touched a fly speed equal to their base speed with perfect maneuverability. Costs: Move Air 6 MP, Duration 8 MP.

Peter's Sybarite Harem
Summon Humanoid 10/ Gen 3
Total MP: 13
You summon 5 women of CR ½ each. You may choose the general physical proportions—though they all look exactly the same. Each one obeys your orders and seeks to serve you. Costs: Summon Humanoid 5 MP, Obedient 5 MP, Duration 3 MP.

In Progress

Peter’s Impertinent Playhouse
Some form of Magnificent Mansion (May or may not include women and playground equipment).

Peter's Twinkling Eyes, Greater
Identify (Spellcraft rules):
Sky blue eyes appear as if clouds are flowing through them.

Well, I'm Safe
Move Space /Heal 1/Gen
Looking to make it a contingency spell (1 hour->1 day) with "Any on this plane".

Attachments

• Peter's Spell List.pdf
    131.8 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

That character sounds like a lot of fun!

And the spells are very well crafted, I may have to borrow a couple of them :)

Some typo's tho:

In Peter's Heavy Breathing, you refer to Fire damage vice Air damage

In Peter's Wonderous View, Lesser.. you copied the base spell's MP costs

In Protect the Fallen, is that an invisibility effect or a 'he looks like a mound of dirt' illusion?

I don't have my books handy, but I think Peter's Busty Women could be done with 4 MP, summoning 2 obediant CR 1/3 critters should not cost more than 1MP.

Look forward to seeing more! I may have to have Peter wander through my campaign world just for the reaction :)

Lela

First Post
Changed the cost on Glory of Youth, Lesser

I'd listed it as Enhance Ability Score 5 MP. Which is both wrong and incomplete.

New Costs:

Costs: Enhance Ability Score (Cha) 3 MP, Enhance Ability Score (Dex) 1 MP, Duration 1 MP.

Primitive Screwhead said:
That character sounds like a lot of fun!

He has been! I've only played him once, on Saturday night, but I don't think I've enjoyed a character more in a long time--if ever.

And the spells are very well crafted, I may have to borrow a couple of them :)

Thanks, and you're welcome to do so. I'm a rather organized person with a need for everything to match up well, thus my attempt at being complete with every entry.

In Peter's Heavy Breathing, you refer to Fire damage vice Air damage

Thanks. New Entry:

Peter’s Heavy Breathing
Evoke Air 3/ Gen 2
Range: 30 ft, Discerning
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Reflex Half and Fortitude Partial
You create explosion of Air in a central point, dealing 3d6 pts of damage (Reflex Half). In addition, those affected must make a Fortitude save or be knocked back 5 ft in a direction chosen by the caster. All targets must move the same direction (creatures moving up move ¼ the distance). For every 5 pts the creature fails its saving throw, the creature moves an additional 5 ft. Creatures who move more than 10 ft fall over as if tripped.

The caster must choose 5 creatures who are affected by this spell. Costs: 1 MP Mild Side Effect (Knockback), 2 MP Air Damage, 1 MP Discerning, 1MP Range.

In Peter's Wonderous View, Lesser.. you copied the base spell's MP costs

There isn't a Peter's Wondrous View, Lesser. I assume you're refering to Peter's Wondrous View having Peter's Perfect View's MP costs. Fixed.

New Entry:

Peter's Wondrous View
Move Air 4 / Gen 1
You grant a creature touched a fly speed equal to their base speed with average maneuverability. Costs: Move Air 4 MP, Duration 1 MP.

In Protect the Fallen, is that an invisibility effect or a 'he looks like a mound of dirt' illusion?

Should be Invisibility. That way it's useful to those of us not laying on the ground too. Thanks. Fixed.

New Entry:

Protect the Fallen
Illusion Shadow 3/Heal 1/Gen 0
The affected creature is protected by invisibility and is healed 1d6 HP. If the affected creature deals damage to, or casts a spell and has it resisted by, another creature, that creature is allowed to attempt to disbelieve automatically, with a +4 bonus. Designed to protect allies who’ve been sent into unconsciousness, this spell proves useful in other situations. Costs: 3 MP Complex Visual Illusion, 1 MP Curing.

I don't have my books handy, but I think Peter's Busty Women could be done with 4 MP, summoning 2 obediant CR 1/3 critters should not cost more than 1MP.

It lists 1/2 but not 1/3rd. I just used the table for 1/2. Would the women be considered 1/3?

Look forward to seeing more! I may have to have Peter wander through my campaign world just for the reaction :)

He's great. I'll have to give a description of the interegation scene we had. That was just fun. The look on the DM's face when I asked if our prisoner had chest hair. . .

Last edited:

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
Terry Pratchett said:
You spend twenty years learning the spell that makes nude virgins appear in your bedroom, and then you're so poisoned by quicksilver fumes and half-blind from reading old grimoires that you can't remember what happens next...

Seemed applicable ;)

Lela

First Post
John Q. Mayhem said:
Seemed applicable ;)
LOL, thanks John. Gotta love Terry Pratchett.

Well, one of the DMs and I just finished talking and we've come to the conclusion that Peter is part fey. Amongst a rich supply of background material to pull from (such as sleeping habits) it will grant a +2 racial bonus to Cha. Yey crunchy bits.

He skimmed the spells and, having used EoM before, found them to work perfectly both for the campaign and character. We play again on Saturday, where I will hopefully write more spells and refine the character a touch more. I just need to find somewhere to get him printed out. . .

In the mean time, any other feedback (or even spell ideas) you guys can offer, as always, are appreciated.

Lela

First Post
Couple more spells I came up with last night. The name's were a joke my DM tossed out but I figured they suited Peter's personality.

Extreme Orgasmic Bliss
Charm Humanoid 7/Gen 1
Total MP: 8
Saving Throw: Will Partial
HD Threshold: 14
The creature is filled with uncontrollable joyous spasms, falling prone. The subject can take no actions but is not considered helpless. If the target succeeds at his save, he suffers the moderate Happiness effect (pg 39) or Joyous Orgasmic Bliss. If he succeeds by 5 or more he is unaffected.

The target does not receive a new save each round and does not realize his his actions were unusual. If someone points it out, they receive a save, with a +2 bonus. Costs: Strong Happiness 4 MP, Subtle Charm 3 MP, Range 1 MP.

Joyous Orgasmic Bliss
Charm Humanoid 5/Gen 0
HD Threshold: 10
The creature is filled with great joy. The subject finds it difficult to take any aggressive action, suffering a -2 on weapon attack and damage rolls. Others receive a +10 bonus to Diplomacy checks with the creature. If the target succeeds at his save, he suffers the weak Happiness effect (pg 39). If he succeeds by 5 or more he is unaffected.
The target does not receive a new save each round and does not realize his his actions were unusual. If someone points it out, they receive a save, with a +2 bonus. Costs: Moderate Happiness 2 MP, Subtle Charm 3 MP.

Lela

First Post
In Peter's mind, the following is the cruelist spell you can place on anyone. He uses it only on those he really, really, hates. And, thus far, that's no one.

Onset of Ennui
Charm Humanoid 7/Gen 2
Total MP: 9
HD Threshold: 14 HD
A feeling of the purest boredom overwhelms the target, causing them to lose interest in anything around them. The creature is considered stunned and can't act, loses Dex to AC, and takes an additional -2 penalty to AC.

Creatures do not receive a new save each round. If the target succeeds at his save by 5 or less, it is able to take mental actions only but still suffers the penalties listed above. If it succeeds by more than 5, it is unaffected. Costs: Charm Daze (Strong) 4 MP, Subtle Charm 3 MP, Range 1 MP, Duration 1 MP.

Suggested variations include making the duration 1 hour (Listed MP+2), or 1 day (Listed MP+7).

Last edited:

Remove ads