Something You're Not Going to Believe

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
If I'm thinking of the right people, the guy that runs the WCOTC is actually Central Illinois' favorite looney. I won't name names here, but you can find it on your own.

Here's a couple of neat facts on this guy, verifiable from independent news sources:

1. During a "rally" got involved in a huge brawl... in a public library.

2. Only person I've ever heard of in Illinois who was denied a license to practice law for the reason of not having the high moral standards of lawyers. (I'm not kidding. I think it went to the state supreme court.)

He's in the news around here every few months or so. I guess that's the real value of the first amendment. Freedom of speech keeps all the weirdos and idiots out in the open, where we can keep an eye on them.

madriel

First Post
Greatwyrm said:
Freedom of speech keeps all the weirdos and idiots out in the open, where we can keep an eye on them.

That's a good point.

That "game" is frickin' obscene. If that was printed literature being distributed in Canada, I could report it to the cops as hate literature. Yuck.

Wonder what Jack Chick would think of this.

Claude Raines

First Post
mythusmage said:
Can be used as a source of ideas for fringe groups and secret conspiracies in your game.

I know you mean well when you say this, but I find it disturbing that a GM might actually read this game in an effort to get ideas for fringe groups, even pathetic and evil ones.

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
Of course, you realize, downloading this sort of stuff, even in the U.S., probably probably gets you on an FBI list of some kind.

For example, librarians at one time were required to keep a special list of people who checked out Mein Kampf. I'm not sure if that's still the case or not. My mom, a librarian, simply decided not to stock the book.

Remove ads