Something You're Not Going to Believe

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Sweden is run by a bunch of obsessive nannies.:)

If you think Rahowa the RPG is bad try reading White Empire sometime. Wingnut lunacy writ large.:p

Tsyr

Explorer
racism is only illegal in the US when it comes to things like employment, schools, health care, seats on a bus, etc. IE, only when it has a "tangible" effect. You can say whatever you darn well please*, you just can't act on it.

*few exceptions... directly threatening a specific individual, or nowadays almost anything to the oposite sex if they care to press the point.

ninthcouncil

First Post
In the UK this sort of thing would presumably be actionable, if distributed by conventional means, under the umbrella of "incitement to racial hatred", which is a criminal offence. We don't actually have any enshrined rights to freedom of speech here - there is no constitution, and a lot of our freedoms are assumed to be safe because we're British dammit, and no British government would do anything as ungentlemanly as to restrict the freedoms of its subjects. That's the sort of thing foreigners do. Ironically, our best protections probably come from European human rights legislation, to which we are now signatory.

Frostmarrow

First Post
mythusmage said:
Sweden is run by a bunch of obsessive nannies.:)

True. We had to change our constitution in order to make racism illegal. It took two election periods and was accompanied by a huge debate. Somehow we found little value in hate propaganda so we made it illegal. Sweden is a very flexible country. Our government can issue big changes over night and everyone will comply. For example we drove originally on the left side of the street but this was changed over night (without a single casualty). The government issued new bills a few years ago - also over night.

However, back to the topic; The server provider that carries this on their servers is probably sensitive to public opinion. They could just chuck the material out couldn't they?

Dr Midnight

Explorer
WOW. That "Enemies" section is unbelievable. Sick stuff that reaffirms one's ability to punch a complete stranger in the throat.

I'm just thankful that finding something like this is an occasional amusement to us... These glorious albino warriors won't ever get enough steam up to do any real damage.

That said, let me be the first:
"The Latrino is broken!"
:D:D:D

mhensley

First Post
Here is who owns the domain. Maybe protests to his host will get it removed. It is hosted by http://www.earthboundcompanies.com. You can email them at Sales@earthboundcompanies.com

Organization:
n/a
Victor White
PO Box 25
New York, NY 10025
US
Phone: (555)555-5555
Email: creatornet@hushmail.com

Registrar Name....: Register.com
Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
Registrar Homepage: http://www.register.com

Domain Name: WCOTC.COM

Created on..............: Tue, Dec 19, 2000
Expires on..............: Thu, Dec 19, 2002
Record last updated on..: Thu, Oct 11, 2001

Administrative Contact:
n/a
Victor White
PO Box 25
New York, NY 10025
US

Technical Contact:
n/a
Victor White
PO Box 25
New York, NY 10025
US

Zone Contact:
n/a
Victor White
PO Box 25
New York, NY 10025
US

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.EARTHBOUNDCOMPANIES.COM 216.98.155.7
NS2.EARTHBOUNDCOMPANIES.COM 216.98.138.153

Wolfspirit

First Post
Frostmarrow said:

The server provider that carries this on their servers is probably sensitive to public opinion. They could just chuck the material out couldn't they?

Hmm, I hadn't thought of this, but I wonder if the internet would fall under freedom of the press. Something to ask my government proff :)

green slime

First Post
Ahem...

With a responsible publisher/organization named "Victor White" and a Post Office Box to hide behind, I doubt the owner of that particular server will react to any "enemy-inspired" public outcry. In fact they will probably feel that they will have achieved part of their aim with the "service"...

Remove ads