Something You're Not Going to Believe

hellbender

First Post
That has to be one of the sickest things I have ever seen. Those people should be purged from the planet as they give both role-playing and humanity a bad name.

hellbender

Tsyr

Explorer
Oh I believe it, no question about that... I know a guy like that.

It doesn't make it any less sick, but I do believe it.

I take comfort in the fact that, unlike FATAL, this game isn't really a very well developed game... no threat (I hope) of giving gamers a bad name.

Frostmarrow

First Post
In Sweden this sort of thing is illegal. I don't know if it's legal in USA (but i guess it isn't). It should be reported to the police.

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
It's legal in the U.S. Covered by the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Free expression and all that.

Now think of a DnD villain group just like the WCOTC.

Tsyr

Explorer
Yeah, free speach, like freedom in general, can at times be a double edged sword. I wouldn't have it any other way as a whole, though.

hellbender

First Post
Sadly, the First Amendment allows this type of writing to occur under the protective blanket of 'freedom of speech'. For some reason, racists are often allowed to offend others this way, but if you comment on a member of the opposite sex's appearance, you can be sued for sexual harassment. To me, racists are more offensive than anyone else on this planet, regardless of the racist's particular ethnicity.

hellbender

Liquide

DEX: 4
mythusmage said:
It's legal in the U.S. Covered by the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Free expression and all that.

Now think of a DnD villain group just like the WCOTC.

Well we have freedom of speech and expression here in Sweden aswell, but that is racism and racism is not somethng that I figure to be freedom of speech (and neither does Swedish laws).

Berandor

lunatic
You know what's really horrifying?

The thought that people let their children play these games. As we all know, RPGs make a lot of fun, and when younger people play it, they are introduced to this abhorrent crap the game calls "background", and they don't think when their "White Warriors" go on do defeat the "monsters" and call them by name (which I won't write down even in a quote).

Until they identify with the message.

That bastard!

Thanks for pointing that out
Berandor

Last edited:

Remove ads