• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Song when ENWorld.org front page loads

IronWolf

blank
Please STOP playing that song when your front page loads!!! If I forget to mute my volume it wakes my babies (4 month old twins).
Please.

It likely comes from an ad. Morrus is pretty cool about blocking the ads that play sound if you can provide a link to the ad that is playing it.

fba827

Adventurer
i don't hear a song on the front page or any page. the only sound i hear from this site is if an ad with sound comes on and, as ironwolf said, morrus tries to block those whenever he gets info on which ads that is.

James0235

First Post
i don't hear a song on the front page or any page. the only sound i hear from this site is if an ad with sound comes on and, as ironwolf said, morrus tries to block those whenever he gets info on which ads that is.

It is from the EN World TV ad on the right side of the screen just above the poll on the home page. It is incredibly annoying and I would love to get rid of it.

James0235

First Post
It is from the EN World TV ad on the right side of the screen just above the poll on the home page. It is incredibly annoying and I would love to get rid of it.

This is a little weird. When viewing the site in the illegible black theme the video off to the right is the first episode of EN World TV. It is linked from Youtube and I have to click it to play it.

However, when viewing in perfectly readable white the video is instead an ad for EN World TV linked from Vimeo that loudly blares the moment the site loads.

I have tried 2 browsers so far and have gotten the same results everytime.

delericho

Legend
This is a little weird. When viewing the site in the illegible black theme the video off to the right is the first episode of EN World TV. It is linked from Youtube and I have to click it to play it.

However, when viewing in perfectly readable white the video is instead an ad for EN World TV linked from Vimeo that loudly blares the moment the site loads.

I have tried 2 browsers so far and have gotten the same results everytime.

Ah, so that's what's happening! I wondered why I kept hearing it on one PC and never on another!

I'm afraid I agree with James0235 - having it play every time I visit the homepage is really quite annoying. Please stop it. Otherwise, I may have to Move My Bookmark (to the Forum page, of course :) ).

Thanee

First Post
EN World has a front page? :uhoh:

There are several solutions to your problem...

- get speakers with an easily reachable on/off switch (and only use them when you need them)
- turn your volume down dramatically (and only turn it up if you need it)
- use an Ad Blocker (like AdBlock Plus for Firefox)
- bug Morrus until he changes it :)

Bye
Thanee

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I have no idea how that's even possible. The code is YouTube, not Vimeo, and it doesn't autoplay. How a non-autoplay YouTube video is outputting an autoplay Vimeo video is breaking my brain.

Remove ads