Sortable List of WOTC monsters? [Finished]

Sorren

First Post
Frukathka said:
I got the file from the other site but it is severly outdated.

Where did you get it? I couldn't find a working link.

So, I have started our project. I'm going to do this in MS word then PDF it when it is done. Then I'll post it here. Hopefully Morrus will sticky it.

Can you make a PDF that can sort? For me, the whole point of this was the ability to sort by either CR or type.

I really think Excel is the way to go.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I just followed BOZs link. I'm including it as a zip file with this post. I do not know how to make a sortable pdf. So I'll just take the long route and make three lists. This is going to be quite the little e-book.

Attachments

• MMList.zip
    300.1 KB · Views: 1,003

Sorren

First Post
Frukathka said:
I just followed BOZs link. I'm including it as a zip file with this post. I do not know how to make a sortable pdf. So I'll just take the long route and make three lists. This is going to be quite the little e-book.

Thanks for the link, but yeah, it was pretty much useless. It had every monster EXCEPT the WOTC ones.

So I guess I'll get started. I'm not going to have too much time, so I will fill out the Name, CR, Type, Subtype, and Source. I'll post it when I'm done. The way I see it, this is a tool to find the monster you need. As for hit points, reach, and stuff, that's only important after the first step. I don't need it myself but you can always add it if you like.

So to clarify, I'll start an Excel spreadsheet for the MM3, XPH, BOVD, MiniHB, and the Draconomicon listing Name, CR, Type, Subtype, Terrain and Source.

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
um, no, that one should also have the WotC monsters (unless they were removed?). try the tabs at the bottom of the Excel screen.

Conaill

First Post
AHA!

I knew I had seen it somewhere... Check out Seeker95's "3.5 SRD Tables". It includes all of the SRD critters with full stats and everytihng in an excel file. AFAICT, nothing beyond MM1, but for the SRD monsters it should be all you need for an excel file. (It also contains all the 3.5 spells and magic items in teh same excel file... very useful resource!)

Sorren

First Post
BOZ said:
no problem. :D is it well updated?

It is now. ;)

Here is the project as I originally invisioned it. I took the other file, modified it, and added new material. Maybe some of you guys will get some use out of it.

Attachments

• WOTC Monsters.zip
    97.7 KB · Views: 135

Remove ads