Soul Calibur IV is out today...

Mallus

Legend
... who's picking it up?

Tonight I'm going to grill steaks for me and the wife, then dive back into the Stage of History until tears of eye-strain run down my cheeks.

I've got it and been playing it for a couple hours now.

First impression is good. Got the 360 version, and Yoda is an...interesting addition. He plays oddly, but its fun when you get the hang of it. The balance seems to be there moreso than was in SCIII, so I'm liking that.

Also, the Secret Apprentice is amazing.

Now to get back to unlocking Sophitia and Lizardman...

Mallus

Legend
Got the 360 version, and Yoda is an...interesting addition. He plays oddly, but its fun when you get the hang of it.
I'll let you know how Vader plays.

The balance seems to be there moreso than was in SCIII
Great!

Say, who's getting the PS3 version? I'm ashamed to admit it, but I haven't done any online gaming with my PS3... yet. I think SCIV will be the game that changes that (if the lag isn't too bad).

Arnwyn

First Post
Say, who's getting the PS3 version? I'm ashamed to admit it, but I haven't done any online gaming with my PS3... yet. I think SCIV will be the game that changes that (if the lag isn't too bad).

That would me me. The 360 version has been criticized, and besides, the PS3 controller is far superior for fighting games - so I stuck with the PS3 version for this one.

Never noticed any lag on any PS3 game so far (I prefer Warhawk mostly, but don't get to play a whole lot since I have little time) but I don't know how it'll work with a fighting game. They've been pretty iffy on all consoles in the past.

That would me me. The 360 version has been criticized, and besides, the PS3 controller is far superior for fighting games - so I stuck with the PS3 version for this one.

I haven't had a single problem with the 360 version. No slow frame rates or any of the other things that were rumoured to be a problem.

Course, the 360 D-pad is terrible. Hooray for a fighting stick!

Aus_Snow

First Post
How many versions are there of this game? Someone mentioned a premium version, OK. But is it just that and the standard one? Also, what's the difference between them, however many there are?

It releases later today, locally. IIRC, anyhow. So, now would be a good time to find this out. . . :)

Welverin

First Post

I did, but I have some work to do before I can try and I won't even consider it until after I get my joystick.

Me! My pre-ordered Premium Edition should be showing up soon.

You download the extra character creation stuff yet? I'm curious what it is (I have some hoop jumping to do before I'll be able to).

How many versions are there of this game? Someone mentioned a premium version, OK. But is it just that and the standard one? Also, what's the difference between them, however many there are?

The Premium Edition comes with a T-shirt, which I believe is different for the two consoles, an comic/art book, a poster/tournament bracket thingy with a marker, and a card with instructions and a code to download some exclusive character creation items. All of which is in a fancy tin with an accetate slip cover.

Arnwyn

First Post
You download the extra character creation stuff yet? I'm curious what it is (I have some hoop jumping to do before I'll be able to).
No, not yet. I just kinda looked at the included card and though "that's weird... I wonder how it works?".

Supposedly there are extra costumes (including schoolgirl costumes for all the female characters) among some other things. Maybe in a day or two when I have a chance I'll get it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases