• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sound effects at the gaming table?

Errant

First Post
Just wondering if anyone can help me with a couple of questions:

If you've taken part in games using sound effects, what effect did they have?

Are there any websites you can recommend where I can find some sound effects to use at my gaming table?

(And no, I don't mean the usual belches & other bodily noises that follow pizza & soft drinks) :D

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I have used creeking hinges, snapping twigs, objects dropped to the ground and holloween sounds.

Most of the material is stuff from around the house, other was just searching the net for holloween wavs.

Chairman_Kaga

Founder of the Gourmet Gamer Academy
Sorry, I usually do all my own sound effects...after 20 years of this ort of thing I've gotten pretty good at it and my players totally cue into it as well.

Crothian

First Post
For out star wars campaign we had all sorts of sound bytes from the films that we used. Other then that, we really don't use anything.

WillieW

First Post
I shout at the players. But that's just to get their attention over the noise of gossiping about the latest TV shows or movies.

As for sound effects... No I've not used them, but using a storytelling technique of raising or lowering the voice, banging the table, etc, usually gets the neighbours involved.

Do you know we have police helicoptors now in Ireland?

Remove ads