D&D General Source Material: "The Knight of the Swords" by Michael Moorcock

Lyxen

Great Old One
It is not "of low quality".

Lots of reports indicate that it is "cheap", in terms of costumes, settings, etc.

But it is divisive. A lot of fans really love it, but there's also a faction who really don't. They're telling the story fairly quickly and making certain changes, though.

That's what I hear as well. I'll wait and see, in any case my partner is reading the series and is at book 5, and I don't want to confuse her with different interpretations, it's complicated enough as it is.

But it is divisive. A lot of fans really love it, but there's also a faction who really don't. They're telling the story fairly quickly and making certain changes, though.
Anything above glacial is a huge deviation from the books.
Lots of reports indicate that it is "cheap", in terms of costumes, settings, etc.
It's certainly not cheap. The costumes aren't pseudo-historical, and there isn't enough mud and dirt for some people's tastes.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
It is not "of low quality".

It has apparently been a big success in terms of viewership, with new seasons already on deck. I myself have found watching new people react and enjoy the show quite interesting.

Remove ads