• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[SovPress PR] Sovereign Press SovStone/Dragonlance Chat

Stormprince

First Post
On Wednesday, May 1st, Sovereign Press will be having its monthly chat from 8 PM EST to around 9 PM EST. In attendance, Margaret Weis, Don Perrin, Jamie Chambers, and Christopher Coyle will be answering questions regarding the future of Sovereign Stone, as well as possibly answering what questions they can in regards to the upcoming Sovereign Press d20 Dragonlance game line. Additionally, there are a few surprises in store for those who attend, including a contest and reward!

Access to the chat can be gained through the Sovereign Stone website (http://www.sovstone.com) by accessing the Temple link. If there are any questions regarding the chat session, please feel free to contact Christopher Coyle at ccoyle@sovpress.com

--
Christopher Coyle
Sovereign Press
PO Box 517 (or 208 Elkhorn Road)
Williams Bay, WI 53191 USA
(262) 245-6235 / (262) 245-6236 fax
http://www.sovstone.com
ccoyle@sovpress.com

Stormprince

First Post
Hey Everyone!

Just touching bases once again in order to help ensure that tonight's chat goes a little more smoothly than last time ;-)

First, the general reminder: The Sovereign Press chat is tonight, at 8 PM Eastern Standard Time... that's 7 PM Central, 6 PM Mountain, 5 PM Pacific, and 1 AM in England... yeah, I know... for Europeans it's not the most convenient time to have a chat, something that we'll be working on in the next few months. Unfortunately, with convention season really kicking off, having the chats during the week instead of the weekends is quite a bit easier for us here at Sovereign Press as there are weekends that we are out and about.

Secondly, the chat this time will be held in the Dragonlance IRC chatroom at RPGConsortium.com. Here's how you can connect to the chatroom:

1.) Connect through RPGConsortium.com's web interface. This is a java applet that will load in your browser window. It requires people to go to the RPGC web site and log in with a username/password. Once logged in, you can go to the chat area and pick the Dragonlance channel.

2.) Connect through an IRC program to irc.rpgconsortium.com. No username or password is required, but to log in to the server you'll need a name you want to be known by while chatting, and your email address. You will need to download either mIRC for the PC (www.mirc.com) or IRCle for the Mac (www.ircle.com). Both programs should provide you with some basic details of how to connect to a server and how the program operates. Once you're connected to the server, you should join the #dragonlance channel.

The first option is the easier of the two, particularly if you (like me) are unfamiliar with how to use IRC or have never used it before. However, the first option requires you to register with a username & password. Registration takes only a few minutes, but it is something to take into consideration!

Thirdly, no matter what, all discussion regarding Dragons of a Vanished Moon is strongly discouraged and will be ignored, or result in one of the moderators gagging/booting you. The book's not out yet, people, so the vast majority have yet to read anything more than the sample chapter. Discussing the sample chapter isn't really a viable option either as most likely, the answer will be "Read the rest of the book!" I'm not discouraging talking about Dragonlance, but let's try and keep it to things concerning current events, not discussions about Vanished Moon.

Fourthly, it's all about having a good time, asking specific questions about Sovereign Stone (which I'm all for, since it's my speciality!) and general questions about Dragonlance. All I'm asking you to remember is that there are certain things we cannot talk about yet, because it's too early and could spoil the surprise (Vanished Moon questions) or because we just don't know the exact details yet (Dragonlance d20 Campaign Setting).

So, I hope to see everyone there tonight!

Remove ads