SPACE: A New Front Ear. No, that's not right...

Those who have been waiting for What's O.L.D. is N.E.W. will be pleased to hear that N.E.W. is coming along wonderfully! It's in layout, and below are a few pages from the book. These come from the Space chapter, which includes astronomical information (who says RPGs can't be educational?), and information on space travel, starship operations, sensor usage, space combat, stellar phenomena, and more.

Those who have been waiting for What's O.L.D. is N.E.W. will be pleased to hear that N.E.W. is coming along wonderfully! It's in layout, and below are a few pages from the book. These come from the Space chapter, which includes astronomical information (who says RPGs can't be educational?), and information on space travel, starship operations, sensor usage, space combat, stellar phenomena, and more.

Also of interest to fans of Mad Max, Knight Rider, Death Race, or James Bond will be the vehicle customization and vehicle combat rules from N.OW. N.O.W. is a long ways off yet, and as such those rules are still at the development stage and are due a lot of playtesting.

The following pages are pre-proofing! The Space chapter is 40-pages in length; this is just 8 of those pages.

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Kuato

First Post
Thanks for all the the hard work, Morrus!

You could always put the easy magic system in the book, and release the complex one as a supplement or in a bundle! I assume they both can't be in the main rules because of page limits?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
WOIN Kickstarter backers should check their email. There's something pretty awesome in it for you.

noldona

Villager
Even though I backed the Kickstarter for all 3 rulesets, I am also looking forward to the O.L.D. system the most. As for the magic system, if I am correct in assuming by the free-form system you are referring to the action type/effect category version of the rules from the May playtest doc, then I would like to put in a vote for the free-form system in the main rules. While I do like both concepts, I think the free-form version works better for the vision I am going for in my world building for the campaign setting I am creating and thus would rather see the completed form of that first.

Remove ads

Remove ads