WOIN space force officer creation doubts

par1701

Explorer
Hi there, I just got the Spartan gambit files and I'm loving it.
I went through the creation rules of a space force officer and got some questions...
First of all, I'm assuming that every step in the creation works as a career in terms of grade, am i getting it right?.
I get the impression that a SFO gets less exploits but more skills that other characters, as many of the exploits are the curriculum ones.
If a character goes into a special branch school, or into the command school, the 4 careers would be done prior to the first tour of duty, right?. No tasty exploits for that one, but she gets more skills in return, is that the general idea?

Thanks in advance

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hi! I'm not super clear on what the question is, but yes, you seem understand how it works.

It allows for characters of slightly different grades to each other (normally you'd have an origin and four careers, but going through Academy you might take 6 or even 7 - USF officers are a cut above the rest!) -- as always, the GM can decide what the starting grade of characters are. For a USF officer, I'd recommend grade 6 or so. They are trained, highly competent officers!

Or if you wanted an Academy-based campaign (which sounds like it could be fun!) you'd start at a lower grade.

Yes, it's more skill oriented than exploit oriented. You are correct in that observation!

par1701

Explorer
thanks a lot.
another question, please
english is not my native language, but i don´t usually have any trouble understanding meanings.
But in the PSI corps officer description, there is a sentence I can´t figure out:
"their area of expertise is in the teasing out of do receive potent combat training."
could you please explaing it?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don’t have the book in front of me but from that post it looks like there’s a couple of words missing. The teasing out of information. They do receive potent combat training.

Remove ads