• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Space Shuttle Columbia lost?

hong

WotC's bitch
Eternalknight said:

Thanks hong.

Goddamn, I wish they'd stop cutting between footage of this event and library footage of the Challenger disaster. It's nothing short of misleading.

orbitalfreak

First Post
Here is a list of those aboard the shuttle for this mission.

Rick Husband
William McCool
Kalpana Chawla
David Brown
Mike Anderson
Laurel Clark
Ilan Ramon

Biographies can be found here.

Sidereal Knight

First Post
CBS news just had a correspondant on who was talking about some damage to the shuttle that occurred while it was in orbit. NASA decided not to alter the re-entry procedures because they believed that the damage was minimal.

It's possible that the damage was more extensive than they first thought, and may have been a factor in this tragedy.

This takes me back to 8th grade when I heard about the Challenger accident. I prayed then that I wouldn't live to see it happen again... and I'm praying the same thing now.

I just hope this doesn't scrub the entire space program.

Hollywood

First Post
Originally posted by Sidereal Knight I just hope this doesn't scrub the entire space program.

Doing so would not do service to the scarfice made by the Challenger and Columbia crews, not to mention the other members of the extend space program who have died in the line of duty.

The Cardinal

First Post
Hollywood said:

Doing so would not do service to the scarfice made by the Challenger and Columbia crews, not to mention the other members of the extend space program who have died in the line of duty.

seconded - this should motivate us to put more effort into manned space travel, not less: we owe it to them, ourselves, and our children.

Mulkhoran

First Post
:(

I'm 11 again, sitting in class at school and watching Challenger disintegrate over and over and over again....we have CNN on the tvs at work here.......there are no words.

I pray for the families.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads