• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SPEC 4-1: Cerulean SPEC 4-2: The Writhing Obelisk anyone read or know location of the combined mission document

muppetmuppet

Explorer
I was wanting to run these two old lfr modules together but I can't find the combined mission document anywhere. I may have to make up my own final encounter where the two groups come together if not.

I am the author of SPEC 4-1 and I have the combined document. Please contact me directly and I'll get it to you. (It's on my hard drive... somewhere... so it may take a bit to find it.)

jerandall ET yahoo DAWT com

muppetmuppet

Explorer
Great thanks for that.

SPOILER ALERT SPEC 3-3

Heroic group played spec 3-3 and surprisingly someone elected to stay behind and save midnight. In fact at one point the entire party thought it was a good idea if they all stayed on the island to fight off the advancing horde.
The one concern they had with saving midnight was it sounded like all three sisters were needed to keep the bridge sustained but as soon as I said 2 sisters and a PC with a usefull skill would be enough the sacrifice was assured. He also decided his character would use a one use earth elemental to attempt to shore up the defense.
Not sure what I am going to do about that as it seems a bit unfair to have to use up a one use item in a certain death situation.
Anyway I look forward to the dual table 4-1 4-2 when I can get both groups together to continue the adventure.

darkbard

Legend
Not sure what I am going to do about that as it seems a bit unfair to have to use up a one use item in a certain death situation.

To my sensibilities, this reflects the opposite. It seems like the players are so heavily invested in story--and the hard decisions the best stories force upon the PCs--that such a sacrifice is meaningful (for both players and characters!), which should be exactly the kind of relationship you want to foster!

As GM, you can always reward additional treasure (or, in this case, perhaps a boon would be even more appropriate) to replace that which is sacrificed. But I would suggest doing this only way down the line and if the PCs have fallen behind the expected power curve (in a way that compromises play), else the "sacrifice" is none!

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
T
As GM, you can always reward additional treasure (or, in this case, perhaps a boon would be even more appropriate) to replace that which is sacrificed. But I would suggest doing this only way down the line and if the PCs have fallen behind the expected power curve (in a way that compromises play), else the "sacrifice" is none!

I like the boon idea making it something less obvious than a treasure too - and if there is a way to make it mysterious but discoverable hmmmmm.

Agree that using up a one-use item in dire circumstances is exactly what you *want* the PCs to do. It beats the alternative of reaching level 30 to find you have a bunch of one-use items you never used. (*cough* my LFR character... *cough*)

= = =

How are you going to manage two groups at the same time? Is there another DM?

Remove ads