Special Edition Player's Handbook - Got it?

Troll Wizard

First Post
Just wondering if anyone here had purchased the SE Player's Handbook?

Is all the errata in there?
Does the quality of the materials (paper, cover stock, and binding) make it worth the price?

I had not planned to purchase it, but Amazon has it for $51 and Walmart for $46.

Thanks

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I believe it isn't due out until next week.
My question: Does anybody else out there think they should do the entire core set this way?

Gez

First Post
No, only you. :)

I could have bought a deluxe edition with all the core rules in only one big, fat, heavy book, though.

Terwox

First Post
Hmm. I'd buy it if it was significantly cheaper. Is there any word on an edition of the 3.5 PHB that includes the errata for a more affordable price?

Ghostwind

First Post
Last I heard, Wotc had no plans to offer a standard printing with all errata. I suspect that once their stock levels drop to a certain amount they will consider it, but you have to sell what you already have before talking about printing more.

Mercule

Adventurer
Gez said:
I could have bought a deluxe edition with all the core rules in only one big, fat, heavy book, though.
Ditto. I like the idea of a leather-bound book. I like one that matches my other "core rules", too.

The other reason I won't be getting this, in all likelyhood, is cost. I might by $100 for a large compendium. I won't pay $60+ for a single reprint, though.

Last edited:

Remove ads