Specific crossbreeds.

Lets face it, just sticking a half-fiend template on something is stupid. It would be far more interesting to place a half-barbazu, or half-nalfeshnee template on. And what about specific plane-touched? An Astral Deva aasimar is going to be different than a Ghaele one.

So, heres my proposal: everyone post your own specific crossbreeds. I don't want some boring tiefling, I want to know what type of fiend it's descended from, and what powers that heritage gives it. And not only plane-touched, other types of crossbreeds such as genasi too. I'll be doing one a week, and anyone else who wants to post may do so (Mr. Grin Reaper, I know you have a few).

Mr_GrinReaper

First Post
Temptling

Temptlings, fiend touched created from the dark union of humans and succubi or incubi. These creatures find themselves looked down upon by those who know their true nature, but loved by those who think them angels.
Personality: Temptlings are extremely outgoing, and love attention, but they also can be secretive, and brooding, and can easily tempt the unwary into an act of wonton mistakes. Temptlings sometimes don't follow their fiendish heritage, and don't try to tempt the unwary, but they still inherit stunning good looks.
Physical Description: Temptlings are slight, with pale skin, and red eyes, they also may have the begining of wings sprouting from their backs. Temptlings seem to radiate beauty, and are in essence, what looks like the perfect human being.
Relations: Temptlings naturally get along with all races well, except for tieflings and other Temptlings, because some of them resent their fiendish heritage, and others are just jelous of the beauty possessed by others in somewhat of a narcissian fashion, some people dislike Temptlings for that same reason, and also, some do dislike them because of their fiendish heritage.
Alignment: Temptling alignments vary greatly, from those who simply wish to please, in a slutty sort of way, to those who wish to repent for their fiendish bloodline, no alignment is commonly found in Temptlings, except they tend just slightly to be more chaotic and evil than other races due to there fiendish bloodline.
Religion: Temptlings don't have a main religion, some worship human deitys, some, daemonic deitys, either way, they tend to be very defensive about their chosen deitys actons, because they belive that they could make a difference, or that their lineage makes them more able to divine the acts of gods.
Names: Temptlings usually choose a suitably sexy name for themselves, or one that slides off the tounge smoothly. They choose from any variety of names, a few of witch could be:
Female: Angelina, Amber Briana, Alice, Belle, Beyonce, Katie, Eden, Selene, Satin, Christie, Marie, Candie, Tiffany
Male: Bruce, Aaron, Barak, Sergio, Edwardo, Cameron, Dario, Eamon, Earnest, Gaia, Seth, Pepin, Lance, Gar
Adventurers: Some Temptlings adventure to prove themselves, some also adventure to right some wrong, some do it to meet new people. Some do it to become accendant, and become a truer fiend, some adventure to gain wealth, or knowlege, or fame. In short, no two succulings are going to have the same reason for adventuring.

Temptling Racial Traits

+2 cha, +2 int, -2 con, Temptlings are unnaturally stunning, and also are very analytical, but their slight forms make them very easily subdued
Medium-size
Outsider (native): Temptlings are outsiders with the native subtype, and have to breathe, eat and sleep, they can be raised, reincarnated, and ressurected as normal humanoids, but they are immune to spells and affects that affect only humanoids (charm person, dominate person)
Base speed: 30 feet
Darkvision out to 60 feet
Racial Skills: +2 to all bluff and diplomacy checks
Special attacks: Energy Drain 3/day, Charm Person 1/day
Special qualities: Resistance to fire 5
Favored class: Bard
Level adjustment: +1
Languages: Common, Abyssal, any one
Bonus Languages: Any

Energy Drain: By seducing one creature of the opposite sex into sharing an act of passion with the temptling, particularly, a kiss, the succuling may, if it holds the kiss for two full rounds, drain 2 strength from her victim, this is treated as temporary ability dammage, and can be removed by a lesser restoration, or restoration spell, or effect that duplicates that spell, a temptling may attempt to continue the kiss indefinitly, draining strength, but to do so, the succuling must start a grapple, and maintain a pin on the affected opponent, if an opponent is reduced to 0 strength from the temptling it suffers all ill affects associated with that penalty. This is a spell-like ability usable 3 times a day

Charm Person: 1/day as a spell like ability, Temptlings can duplicate the spell charm person, and use it on any person that could be targeted by a charm person spell

XCorvis

First Post
I don't want to hijack the thread, but no way does a Temptling have a level adjustment of just +1. That's definately a +2 or +3.

XCorvis

First Post
Wow, you're right. The tiefling is more powerful than I remember. They are quite close in power.

The tiefling's LA is too low. :p

XCorvis said:
Wow, you're right. The tiefling is more powerful than I remember. They are quite close in power.

The tiefling's LA is too low. :p
Actually not really, though maybe a little. But its balance against the benefits of having one more level. Think, you might get those nice attribute bonuses and spell-like abilities, but no skill points, no hit dice, no feat (potentially), and no class abilities. I do think it is fairly well balanced in these respects.

Nightcloak

First Post
Blade of Desecration said:
Actually not really, though maybe a little. But its balance against the benefits of having one more level. Think, you might get those nice attribute bonuses and spell-like abilities, but no skill points, no hit dice, no feat (potentially), and no class abilities. I do think it is fairly well balanced in these respects.

You hit the nail on the head.

I experiments in a previous game with swapping out a level to buy a progression in a LA class. Losing hit points, skill points, and a feat ussually didn't make up for the nifty abilities or an attribute bonus. In fact, it actually crippled characters at lower levels. Never got the chance to see how it worked at higher levels.

Remove ads