D&D 5E Speculation on how you think Tomb of Annihilation will start

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Tangent Alert
I'm not worried so much about how it will start.

I do hope to see new rules for Poisoned and Sickened conditions that 'feel like' the real thing: you can sort of go on if you have to but you'd rather not...

I'm also interested in classic jungle tropes: Quicksand, Swinging from Vines, Tarzan, Ruins of Lost Civilizations, Diseases / contagious / how spread?, Curative herbs, Poisons and Anti-venoms, Exotic cuisines (both tastes and 'eww yuck bugs!'), Perfume ingredients.

maxed

Explorer
My thought is to have a church (or a coalition of churches) hire a group of adventurers to find the Soulmonger. Perhaps a high level cleric who was once raised from the dead is now wasting away and a remedy must be found at all costs. I'm hoping I can convince my players to not play a bunch of money hungry murder hobos and work for the powers of good, but I'm sure that is just a pipe dream.

Staccat0

First Post
Might be kinda cool if it starts with the players being revived from the dead. Not sure how it'd work but putting the heroes on a timer always makes 5e sing.

Last edited:

"The harrowing ocean voyage was exhausting enough. Now you are faced with a dark island that could well be filled with cannibals! A tattered, old ship’s log is your only clue to the riches that may lie beyond the isle’s quiet shores. Rumors of great wealth brought you here, but the thrill of adventure sustains you as you work your way inland, slashing through dense jungles and murky swamps in search of a lost plateau and the great black pearl: "

Change island to peninsula and it will be more accurate, since Chult is not an island in 5E FR.

GarrettKP

Explorer
The book Starts in Baulder's Gate. The group is summoned to the manor of Syndra Silvane, who is a powerful wizard currently suffering from the Death Curse. She has already sent more experienced Adventurer's to Chult to fix it but they have all failed so far. So she resorts to using your low level group. She sends you all (including herself) via teleportation to Port Nyanzaru, where she stays with a friend named Wakanga O'tarnu while you search for a guide in the city. Once you have chosen one of the many guides present, you journey into Chult looking for the Forbidden City of Omu.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7LM7a7fufw

Remove ads