Spell Builder

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've made a basic spell builder to help speed up the process. Folks like [MENTION=20805]Primitive Screwhead[/MENTION] will hopefully find this very useful.

The upcoming playtest document has the newly revised spell building rules (which used to be called Elements of Magic). Every spell in the game is built using those rules.

The rules are slightly streamlined and easier than the original EoM stuff you've seen in the books previously; all the options are still there, but the verb-noun layer has been removed. You can simply choose any options to build a spell. Access to spell-paths is instead handled at the tradition level, not the spell level.

So this builder uses the two basic stats tables - duration, range, target, damage/healing, attribute checks, creature level, SOAK, DEFENSE, conditions, and gc value. Basically all the stuff that operates on a scale. Using just those you can create a surprising number of spells.

You'd have to add the one-off enhancements in yourself afterwards if you want them.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/dnd_view_block.php?id=1664

It's really simple. For example, if I want a spell which does 3d6 damage to everyone within a 30' diameter area up to 100' feet away, it takes me less than 5 seconds to select those and get the result back:

fireball.jpg

Or maybe I want one which gives me a +2d6 bonus to AGI checks for one hour.

catgrace.jpg

Or one which summons a Level 10 T-Rex for 10 minutes.

t-rex.jpg

Remove ads