D&D 5E Spell Cards for D&D 5E using Magic Set Editor (MSE)

pdzoch

Explorer
I am playing around with this now. Is there any way to add your own custom fonts and images in the cards?

Adding special font requires coding to be added to the style files. Which font did you want added and where? Perhaps I can add it with the next update.

Add your own images is also a coding issue, and a little bit trickier to do. One of the style templates is designed specifically to support adding your own images: it is the style called "Large Image Style." Did you have something else in mind?

pdzoch

Explorer
I saw that somewhere in the program the font "half-elven" was used at some point. If somehow that could be the display text.

I originally had it as one of the title fonts, but the half-elven font does not rest on the same spacing as the other fonts. When switching fonts, the half-elven font shifted to the upper limits of the space, causing the the entry to be out of place (or off the card in the case of the spell title). I will re-look it again and see if I can accommodate.

I have plans for an elven themed spell card style, which dedication to the half-elven font and its quirks can be accounted for.

pdzoch

Explorer
I saw that somewhere in the program the font "half-elven" was used at some point. If somehow that could be the display text.

[Font Update to all styles] 2017-4-11

As requested, I've updated updated all style template files to include the Half-Elven font.

SansMoins

Explorer
Spell Cards for D&D 5E using Magic Set Editor (MSE)

Thanks for adding the spells!

I am not understanding the use case for the spell slot style. What was the idea behind it? (What am I missing?)

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

pdzoch

Explorer
Thanks for adding the spells!

I am not understanding the use case for the spell slot style. What was the idea behind it? (What am I missing?)

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

The spell slot style simply converts the spell cards into spell slots for anyone who would want to use spell slot cards. The style is not meant to be a one-to-one translation of each spell in a spell book. Instead, it simply used the data already in the spell card library to produce the spell slot cards. When I print out spell slot cards for a player, I switch styles to the spell slot style and select the first necessary number of each spell level and class (if needed depending on my spell slot style) that will print the needed spell slots. My selection then most likely will not have anything to do with the actual spells I am using because it does not matter when I am printing out spell slot cards (every 1st level wizard card will produce the same spell slot card -- if I need five 1st level wizards spell slots, I will generally grab the first five I see, which is generally the first five alphabetically).

Ultimately, the spell slot style is a utility style and not a style for the spell cards themselves.

EvanNave55

Explorer
How is this supposed to work is this supposed to work? Is it supposed to add an existing set or create a new template or what? I've looked everywhere and it didn't create any sets, nor are there any new templates. I've downloaded it, put it in the data file and unzipped it but there hasn't been any change whatsoever.

Edit: Nevermind I was eventually able to find a file which should be it buried under everything however when I try to open it I get this message
http://prntscr.com/ezeitf

Last edited:

pdzoch

Explorer
How is this supposed to work is this supposed to work? Is it supposed to add an existing set or create a new template or what? I've looked everywhere and it didn't create any sets, nor are there any new templates. I've downloaded it, put it in the data file and unzipped it but there hasn't been any change whatsoever.

Edit: Nevermind I was eventually able to find a file which should be it buried under everything however when I try to open it I get this message
http://prntscr.com/ezeitf

The set is saved with the default style template. It is called Spellbook-Cards.mse-style.zip. If you did not download and install that style, you will have a hard time opening the set. Afterwards, you can switch to any other style.

EvanNave55

Explorer
I do have that file downloaded the same as all the rest. Just now I tried deleting and reinstalling that file however it still gives me the same message.

Remove ads