D&D 5E Spell Cards for D&D 5E using Magic Set Editor (MSE)

pdzoch

Explorer
I print my cards on 110 weight card stock paper. I think it is the heaviest card stock that I can make word in my printer. It is still paper, but it is rigid and works fine.

Then I place all my spell cards in card sleeves. I do not use the cheaply made thin card sleeves. I use the higher quality card sleeves that are a little bit thicker and more rigid. Usually I use Upper Deck card sleeves, but there are others just as good. (Note: I do not use the rigid plastic top loaders -- that would be overkill, but I suppose it is an option). Between the card stock and the thicker card sleeve, they work perfectly.

For the larger oversized card formats, I just print on card stock and do nothing else extra. I've seen post card sized sleeves before, but not often enough to consider using them.

I tend to sprint entire spellbooks by class, so I have a collectible card box I use to hold the spell library. Players can build their own small spelldecks and placed them in a smaller card box. I do not want to make the cards too thick because then some players will have a hard time getting all their cards into the box, especially the divine classes which has access to ALL the spells at each rest/prayer session, and the wizards at higher levels when they have a large spell collection as they are want to do.

Li Shenron

Legend
I print my cards on 110 weight card stock paper. I think it is the heaviest card stock that I can make word in my printer. It is still paper, but it is rigid and works fine.

Then I place all my spell cards in card sleeves. I do not use the cheaply made thin card sleeves. I use the higher quality card sleeves that are a little bit thicker and more rigid.

Just to get a more practical idea... I quickly googled for those, and I got the idea that 110 weight paper is about 3 times heavier than regular photocopier paper. Do you have the same impression, or would you say it's even heavier than that? How does it compare to the typical weight/thickness/rigidity of playing cards?

Card sleeves are an interesting choice, but I think I will go for a cheaper but permanent (although maybe you can also seal the sleeves) solution.

pdzoch

Explorer
Just to get a more practical idea... I quickly googled for those, and I got the idea that 110 weight paper is about 3 times heavier than regular photocopier paper. Do you have the same impression, or would you say it's even heavier than that? How does it compare to the typical weight/thickness/rigidity of playing cards?

Card sleeves are an interesting choice, but I think I will go for a cheaper but permanent (although maybe you can also seal the sleeves) solution.

110 weight card stock is about the same thickness as a standard playing card. The only real difference is that many playing cards have a plastic coating (or are made of plastic) that increases their durability.

I haven't considered lamination because I always seem to find something I want to change on a card. (and I always seem to have sticky bits left on the lamination edges :))

pdzoch

Explorer
[Update to Spell Slot Style] 2018-7-15

Fixed the error that prevented the class icons from being seen in the Spellclass Theme.
Fixed the error that prevented the large colored level number from being seen in the Simple Theme.

[Two New Styles] 2018-7-15

Added two new styles: Back Style and Large Card Style

Back Style:
The card back style was a special request from the user community. This is a large image format style to produce the cardbacks for the spellcards. One Spellbook image is provided for the card back in the template, but the image is customizable and you can use any image you want for your card backs.
There is a border option to add either colored borders or use a full-bleed image.
There is an option to include Spell Levels, Spell Class, or both.
There is also a Free Text field you can use to custom label your deck.
Card Back Samlpe.jpg

Large Card Style:
This style is a double sized card that produced 4 cards per page instead of the 9 cards per page standard. It is designed for those who have difficulty reading the spell cards and for complex spells that have long descriptions and details. The border is stylized and is color selectable. The backgrounds options include the traditional parchment and other high-visibility background.
Magic Missile Large Card Style.jpg

pdzoch

Explorer
[Update to Spellcard Game File] 2018-7-22
Minor update to include new domains:
Updated to include latest druid circle from Unearthed Arcana: Circle of the Spores, and Circle of the Shepherd
Updated to include latest cleric domain from Unearthed Arcana: Order Domain.
Updated to include latest warlock pacts from Unearthed Arcana: Pact of the Celestial.
Updated to include latest spell domains from Unearthed Arcana: Giant Soul (Sorcerer).

[Update to Spell Slot Style] 2018-7-22
Updated to include ribbons and imprints for new spell domains:
Updated to include latest druid circle from Unearthed Arcana: Circle of the Spores, and Circle of the Shepherd
Updated to include latest warlock pacts from Unearthed Arcana: Pact of the Celestial.
Updated to include latest spell domains from Unearthed Arcana: Giant Soul (Sorcerer).

Infinity_Master

First Post
[Update to Spellcard Game File] 2018-7-22
Minor update to include new domains:

[Update to Spell Slot Style] 2018-7-22
Updated to include ribbons and imprints for new spell domains:

The download link for this version and all the previous ones is lost! Please Help!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases