log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E Spell & Crossbones

peterka99

First Post
The Spaniard seems to speak english. Etienne is suspicious of the pirate, who can be Blackbeard's or Wallace' spy. Still in the priest role, he let Blaise talk to the sailors and join the pirate.

"My son, we are here to confess those poor souls, damned for eternity for their crimes. Who are you ? Do you want to confess your sins before dying ?"

OOC: I'll check the man for lupine features. Etienne fighted some of Wallace's men with Kid and would remember. Also can verify if the pirate is really imprisonned beyond bars or faking.
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

Shayuri

First Post
Nia, meanwhile, left the tavern and ducked into an alley where the gloom would shield her from prying eyes. A moment later a black cat slipped back out, yellow eyes flashing momentarily in the lamplight as she turned to lope down the street. Playing the stray, dodging back from anyone who got too close and curiously prying into hidey-holes, Nia went a'hunting. She knew most of Wallace's officers by face, she thought...and crew might be overheard talking about him to identify themselves. And of course, his ship's anchorage shouldn't be hard to find come to that...though getting to it as a cat might be trickier depending on the specifics.

Perhaps she could learn something of what they were doing to pass the time.
 

Quickleaf

Legend
The Spaniard seems to speak english. Etienne is suspicious of the pirate, who can be Blackbeard's or Wallace' spy. Still in the priest role, he let Blaise talk to the sailors and join the pirate.

"My son, we are here to confess those poor souls, damned for eternity for their crimes. Who are you ? Do you want to confess your sins before dying ?"

OOC: I'll check the man for lupine features. Etienne fighted some of Wallace's men with Kid and would remember. Also can verify if the pirate is really imprisonned beyond bars or faking.

[SECTION]Letting weary brown eyes rise from the shadows of his cell, the weathered pirate looked the two priest up and down for a moment before settling his hat back over his face to resume resting. "Edbert Luther. The Marooner," he adds with sardonic emphasis. "I confess that if you've brought some sacramental wine, I may be persuaded to divulge my sins. But confess those Spaniards all you like." His gruff declaration is followed by a murmur of laughter.[/SECTION]
 

Quickleaf

Legend
Nia, meanwhile, left the tavern and ducked into an alley where the gloom would shield her from prying eyes. A moment later a black cat slipped back out, yellow eyes flashing momentarily in the lamplight as she turned to lope down the street. Playing the stray, dodging back from anyone who got too close and curiously prying into hidey-holes, Nia went a'hunting. She knew most of Wallace's officers by face, she thought...and crew might be overheard talking about him to identify themselves. And of course, his ship's anchorage shouldn't be hard to find come to that...though getting to it as a cat might be trickier depending on the specifics.

Perhaps she could learn something of what they were doing to pass the time.

Even though it is the dead of night, there are still a trickle of three deckhands loading supplies onto The Winchelsea. The men move slower, having been worked to the bone by the relentless Captain Wallace, and despite their grumblings about the long hours being asked of them, they roll barrels aboard the privateering ship. Gunpowder. Salt fish. Limes. From the way the ship rests heavy in the water, it is well stocked. A pair of sharp-eyed men dressed in heavy leather coats and armed with sabers, bayoneted muskets, and pistols keep watch of the ramp onto The Winchelsea's deck; by their bearing they seem to be former military officers, perhaps Royal Marines in another life.

A few shadows intermittently flit about aboard the deck, as if a pair of men were making rounds patrolling the deck, and down below where the captain's cabin should be the flame of a candle is briefly interrupted by a silhouette passing in front of it, as if in intent concentration on a book, before the flame becomes visible once more and the silhouette vanishes.

No one seems to pay much attention to the roaming black cat... save for Kid, who is sitting on the edge of the deck's railing, swinging his feet and smoking a banana leaf. He whistles softly toward Nia the cat as if he has something in his hands, making a clicking sound with his tongue.

 
Last edited:

Matthan

Explorer
Blaise offers a wide smile, “I would not disparage the salvation that we come to offer you so quickly if I were you, Nicolás. That is your name, isn’t it? Nicolás de Atrejo of the Spanish Navy. My friend and I have gone to considerable lengths to have this conversation with you. Salvation is such an important matter. I hope that you will hear us out.”

His smile fades into seriousness as he continues, “I would prefer us not to dance around each other, however. Time is short. Your life and the lives of your crew hang in the balance. The governor will not be coming. He would not dare to cross Blackbeard. I alone can give you your honor and your life, but neither are free.”

“Here are my terms.” Blaise reaches up the sleeve of his frock and produces the sealed letter. “I met a woman earlier tonight. Beautiful, intelligent, and almost certainly in service to your crown. She gave me this letter to give to you and the materials for you to send a response back. You have made an oath of service to your country. I can help you fulfill it and face the morning with honor. However, the sea has grown dangerous of late and I have heard news of your navy forming a new ministry. I need to know everything you know about it. Tell me, and the letter is yours along with my word to deliver your response.”

Blaise slips the letter back into his sleeve as he continues, “Your life is a more difficult matter. I need to know about this new ministry forming. You are a sailor. You can appreciate the need to know which way the winds are blowing at sea. Once you share that with me, your freedom is up for negotiation. Word is that you and your men attacked Wallace after surrendering to him. Please, correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe that’s true or at least the full story. Rumor is that you managed to cross Blackbeard somehow and he’s arranged to have you hang for the insult. I have business with the man and need as much insight into him as you can give me. He’s ordered your death so there is certainly no love for him in your heart. Tell me what I need to know and we can work on saving your life.”

OOC: I can roll for this if you’d like. I don’t know if it would be persuasion or deception. The vast majority is persuasion. But, his assertion that Sophie is actually serving the Spanish (and not the French as she presented) is definitely a lie or at least, Blaise isn’t sure of it. Blaise has no idea who she’s serving, but he doesn’t fully believe the story. He believes that there has to be something in the letter to compel the Spaniards to give her what she wants and, to him, the most logical solution is that she’s actually serving Spain.

It doesn’t add up all the way for him. If she was serving Spain, why would she need to know about the new ministry? So Blaise isn’t sure, but he’s been paid well and wants to convince these guys to talk so he took this approach.
 


Queenie

Queen of Everything
Jacques' face contorts in confusion. "Monkey's? A kiss? What strange things boys concern themselves with." he thought. He placed a hand on Kat's shoulder as he turned to head toward the kitchen. He held up his index finger signaling 'one moment please.' Passing through the kitchen he and into the storage area he finds the worst fruit he possibly can, barely edible by human standards and returns to the boys. He nods to Kat as he returns with the fruit. "We should leave lest I have to whisper into children's ears now." he whisperes jokingly into her ear.

Kat laughed in return at Jacques' comment and smirked at him. "Aye, let'sh be off."

"Why don't you boys show us where this ribbon is, and if the fruit doesn't work, I have another idea."
She gave Bella a scratch behind her ear as they walked out, more interested in seeing how these boys worked than anything else.
 

Fenris

First Post
"zzzzrt! *smack-smack* whu?" says Zef as he finally wakes up on the floor. He stands up and staggers after Kat as he sees her heading out the door.
 

Quickleaf

Legend
Blaise offers a wide smile, “I would not disparage the salvation that we come to offer you so quickly if I were you, Nicolás. That is your name, isn’t it? Nicolás de Atrejo of the Spanish Navy. My friend and I have gone to considerable lengths to have this conversation with you. Salvation is such an important matter. I hope that you will hear us out.”

His smile fades into seriousness as he continues, “I would prefer us not to dance around each other, however. Time is short. Your life and the lives of your crew hang in the balance. The governor will not be coming. He would not dare to cross Blackbeard. I alone can give you your honor and your life, but neither are free.”

“Here are my terms.” Blaise reaches up the sleeve of his frock and produces the sealed letter. “I met a woman earlier tonight. Beautiful, intelligent, and almost certainly in service to your crown. She gave me this letter to give to you and the materials for you to send a response back. You have made an oath of service to your country. I can help you fulfill it and face the morning with honor. However, the sea has grown dangerous of late and I have heard news of your navy forming a new ministry. I need to know everything you know about it. Tell me, and the letter is yours along with my word to deliver your response.”

Blaise slips the letter back into his sleeve as he continues, “Your life is a more difficult matter. I need to know about this new ministry forming. You are a sailor. You can appreciate the need to know which way the winds are blowing at sea. Once you share that with me, your freedom is up for negotiation. Word is that you and your men attacked Wallace after surrendering to him. Please, correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe that’s true or at least the full story. Rumor is that you managed to cross Blackbeard somehow and he’s arranged to have you hang for the insult. I have business with the man and need as much insight into him as you can give me. He’s ordered your death so there is certainly no love for him in your heart. Tell me what I need to know and we can work on saving your life.”

OOC: I can roll for this if you’d like. I don’t know if it would be persuasion or deception. The vast majority is persuasion. But, his assertion that Sophie is actually serving the Spanish (and not the French as she presented) is definitely a lie or at least, Blaise isn’t sure of it. Blaise has no idea who she’s serving, but he doesn’t fully believe the story. He believes that there has to be something in the letter to compel the Spaniards to give her what she wants and, to him, the most logical solution is that she’s actually serving Spain.

It doesn’t add up all the way for him. If she was serving Spain, why would she need to know about the new ministry? So Blaise isn’t sure, but he’s been paid well and wants to convince these guys to talk so he took this approach.



Though beaten, disheveled, and sleepless, the long black-haired Spaniard maintains an unlikely air of dignity within the second-floor confines of the octagonal prison. His eyes narrow at mention of his name, leaning forward in the dim light of the cell he shares with his nine fellow Spanish navymen. He whispers for the others to be quiet as he listens keenly to Blaise’s tale of Sophie Trémiere – who Blaise carefully avoids mentioning by name – and the offer on the table.

”You are Frenchmen?” He inquires hesitantly of Blaise and Etienne in the stolen priestly vestments. ”Your countrymen have been allies to the House of Bourbon. You know as well as I that the English cannot be trusted in Nassau anymore than they could in the past,” he whispers through the bars in a thick Spanish accent elongating his S’s. “Normally I’d condemn a man feigning priesthood, but there are far greater sacrileges at work…” A stray sound from downstairs, perhaps a seagull pecking at a window, causes Nicolás de Atrejo to fall silent before continuing.

”Read Wallace,” the Spaniard sneers, ”is the sort of man that could only flourish in times like these. He attacked our vessel, Nuestra Señora de la Concepción, and upon taking it brought every man to the deck where he insisted we were hiding a map to La Gloriosa del Mar. A myth! Though we surrendered ourselves to the mercy of that privateer, he insisted that one of our slaves with a tattoo bearing resemblance to a map have the skin from his back flayed off. Right there before our eyes. We could not abide such barbarism, and so the captain rallied the men to fight back. Wallace killed him and all who ‘broke terms.’” Shaking his tangled long black hair, Nicolás speaks woefully, ”He may wear a civil mask and powdered face, but do not trust Wallace. He is a diablo del mar (devil of the sea).”

Pausing, Nicolás deliberates on his present circumstances, interlacing his fingers as his arms rest heavily on his knees, ”Blackbeard erroneously believes we have information on La Gloriosa. Would that damned ship never escaped Cartagena, for all the trouble it has caused me and my men!”

Interjecting hesitantly in broken English, one of the Spanish navy men speaks in a raspy voice, Perdóname teniente (excuse me lieutenant), but you said a beautiful woman…? An intelligent woman? Headstrong and eloquent? Charming like…the moon over the sea? Was it such a woman as this?” Even as he inquires, the other men seem to have gone pale as ghosts, whispering among one another about La Mosca Española (The Spanish Fly).

GM: No need for any checks yet – you made a convincing argument, they're in a tight spot, and your PCs' nationalities work in your favor for initial reaction. Though if you do want to make an Insight check about what Nicolás is sharing, just let me know what you're trying to discern, and we can play it from there.
 


Quickleaf

Legend
Meanwhile, down by the moonlit docks...

Jacques' face contorts in confusion. "Monkey's? A kiss? What strange things boys concern themselves with." he thought. He placed a hand on Kat's shoulder as he turned to head toward the kitchen. He held up his index finger signaling 'one moment please.' Passing through the kitchen he and into the storage area he finds the worst fruit he possibly can, barely edible by human standards and returns to the boys. He nods to Kat as he returns with the fruit. "We should leave lest I have to whisper into children's ears now." he whisperes jokingly into her ear.

Kat laughed in return at Jacques' comment and smirked at him. "Aye, let'sh be off."

"Why don't you boys show us where this ribbon is, and if the fruit doesn't work, I have another idea."
She gave Bella a scratch behind her ear as they walked out, more interested in seeing how these boys worked than anything else.

"zzzzrt! *smack-smack* whu?" says Zef as he finally wakes up on the floor. He stands up and staggers after Kat as he sees her heading out the door.

"Oi!" hollers Theo, the tallest and lankiest of the boys who make their living as deckhands, porters, powder monkeys, and whatever needs tending. He and the six boys with him lead Katerina, Jacques, and a hung over Old Zef down the docks. Waving, Theo catches the attention of four more boys who are sitting on a crate studying the side of a large rowboat. One boy nurses a black eye with a bit of seaweed, while another seems to have sprung his ankle and winces trying to stand up. "I'm gone for five minutes and already you lot are off to quarrelin'!"

"No, Theo, it wasn't like that!" objects one of the boys animatedly. "It were the monkeys that did this!"

Folding his arms as if he is skeptical, Theo exchanges a hard look with the younger boy who wide-eyed vigorously nods his head. Speaking quietly over his shoulder to Katerina, Theo says, "These are no ordinary monkeys, you'll see, Cap'n del Corazón." His chest seems to puff up in pride as the other boys begin whispering about Blackheart del Corazón's daughter. "Well? Where'd those monkeys get off to with Darling's ribbon? I'm going to get that kiss even if the Swinertons try to chase me off. Cap'n Corazón and her mates said they'd help us, but in return we've got to sign aboard with their crew. All keen?"

All four of the boys seated on the dock point toward the ramshackle over-sized canoe.

The smallest of the boys, who is struggling to load a slingshot, sucks in his cheek looking up at Jacques and Old Zef, "Aye, but what's your ship called Sirs?"

GM: Your monkey Bella is getting really agitated [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION]. If you want her to accompany further on the docks, you'll need to make a DC 10 Wisdom (Animal Handling) check.
 
Last edited:

peterka99

First Post
Etienne tries to remember the most Latin as possible from his youth at the mass and add mixed words from his journeys through the World ports (patois).

He can definitely understand spanish.

OOC: Of course, Etienne drops an ear everywhere in the room. I'm afraid the patois concept means he knows mostly sailors' terminology and speaks a broken language at best. I still don't know if the other prisonner is with or against us, so Etienne will also watch him.

I'm afraid Etienne won't recognize any Latin spare for common liturgic stuff.
 
Last edited:

Matthan

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I’m going to roll an insight check for whether they’re lying about the situation with Wallace (did he flay the slave and that’s why they rebelled). However this impacts the DC, I think Blaise is inclined to believe them. Wallace has a fierce reputation, doesn’t he? And, their story matches up with what Blaise has heard so far. Also, the idea that the men fought over the harm done to a slave puts him more in Blaise’s good graces.
Blaise Insight Check on Nicolas: 1D20 = [18] = 18
That’s not bad.

Also, the girl has a nom de guerre? Holy Scarlet Pimpernel! I’m hooked![/sblock]

Blaise cocks an eyebrow. He never fully grasped Spanish, but the words were similar to his mother tongue. He makes note of the repeated phrase and responds, “Yes, she was much how you describe. You apparently know of her. Who is she?”
 

Shayuri

First Post
Even though it is the dead of night, there are still a trickle of three deckhands loading supplies onto The Winchelsea. The men move slower, having been worked to the bone by the relentless Captain Wallace, and despite their grumblings about the long hours being asked of them, they roll barrels aboard the privateering ship. Gunpowder. Salt fish. Limes. From the way the ship rests heavy in the water, it is well stocked. A pair of sharp-eyed men dressed in heavy leather coats and armed with sabers, bayoneted muskets, and pistols keep watch of the ramp onto The Winchelsea's deck; by their bearing they seem to be former military officers, perhaps Royal Marines in another life.

A few shadows intermittently flit about aboard the deck, as if a pair of men were making rounds patrolling the deck, and down below where the captain's cabin should be the flame of a candle is briefly interrupted by a silhouette passing in front of it, as if in intent concentration on a book, before the flame becomes visible once more and the silhouette vanishes.

No one seems to pay much attention to the roaming black cat... save for Kid, who is sitting on the edge of the deck's railing, swinging his feet and smoking a banana leaf. He whistles softly toward Nia the cat as if he has something in his hands, making a clicking sound with his tongue.


Nia approaches the Kid with feline wariness...a few steps and a pause, then another few steps. Eyes unblinking, tail twitching. If he reaches out, she quickly fades back. A dance she knew well in more than one guise. Perhaps though, this was a means to get on the ship. She'd thought to sneak on, but to be taken on would be even better.

So cat does let herself be coaxed in closer...cautiously sniffing at the air, then at his fingers when he offers them up.

Let us see what he means to do.
 

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Meanwhile, down by the moonlit docks...

"Oi!" hollers Theo, the tallest and lankiest of the boys who make their living as deckhands, porters, powder monkeys, and whatever needs tending. He and the six boys with him lead Katerina, Jacques, and a hung over Old Zef down the docks. Waving, Theo catches the attention of four more boys who are sitting on a crate studying the side of a large rowboat. One boy nurses a black eye with a bit of seaweed, while another seems to have sprung his ankle and winces trying to stand up. "I'm gone for five minutes and already you lot are off to quarrelin'!"

"No, Theo, it wasn't like that!" objects one of the boys animatedly. "It were the monkeys that did this!"

Folding his arms as if he is skeptical, Theo exchanges a hard look with the younger boy who wide-eyed vigorously nods his head. Speaking quietly over his shoulder to Katerina, Theo says, "These are no ordinary monkeys, you'll see, Cap'n del Corazón." His chest seems to puff up in pride as the other boys begin whispering about Blackheart del Corazón's daughter. "Well? Where'd those monkeys get off to with Darling's ribbon? I'm going to get that kiss even if the Swinertons try to chase me off. Cap'n Corazón and her mates said they'd help us, but in return we've got to sign aboard with their crew. All keen?"

All four of the boys seated on the dock point toward the ramshackle over-sized canoe.

The smallest of the boys, who is struggling to load a slingshot, sucks in his cheek looking up at Jacques and Old Zef, "Aye, but what's your ship called Sirs?"

GM: Your monkey Bella is getting really agitated [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION]. If you want her to accompany further on the docks, you'll need to make a DC 10 Wisdom (Animal Handling) check.

Not wanting to stress out Bella, Katerina shrugs the monkey off her shoulder and lets her scurry into a nearby hiding position.

"Doesh it make a difference what our ship is named?" Kat said sternly, trying to cover her own intoxication, and give off an air of Captaincy.

"You said you'd sign if we helped. Now where are these monkeys you speak of? We don't have all night to play with little boys."

She glanced around the area and tried to look and listen over the din of water and drunken pirates to anything out of the ordinary.

Perception: 1D20+1 = [19]+1 = 20
 

Quickleaf

Legend
Etienne tries to remember the most Latin as possible from his youth at the mass and add mixed words from his journeys through the World ports (patois).

He can definitely understand spanish.

OOC: Of course, Etienne drops an ear everywhere in the room. I'm afraid the patois concept means he knows mostly sailors' terminology and speaks a broken language at best. I still don't know if the other prisonner is with or against us, so Etienne will also watch him.

I'm afraid Etienne won't recognize any Latin spare for common liturgic stuff.

GM: OK, since you're speaking prayers loudly to cover up the sound of the conversation, and you don't speak Latin, I may have you make a Charisma (Deception) check to fool the gaoler downstairs if the conversation lasts much longer.


[sblock=OOC]I’m going to roll an insight check for whether they’re lying about the situation with Wallace (did he flay the slave and that’s why they rebelled). However this impacts the DC, I think Blaise is inclined to believe them. Wallace has a fierce reputation, doesn’t he? And, their story matches up with what Blaise has heard so far. Also, the idea that the men fought over the harm done to a slave puts him more in Blaise’s good graces.
Blaise Insight Check on Nicolas: 1D20 = [18] = 18
That’s not bad.

Also, the girl has a nom de guerre? Holy Scarlet Pimpernel! I’m hooked![/sblock]

Blaise cocks an eyebrow. He never fully grasped Spanish, but the words were similar to his mother tongue. He makes note of the repeated phrase and responds, “Yes, she was much how you describe. You apparently know of her. Who is she?”

Blaise has an instinctual recognition of an honest face, and while Nicolas de Atrejo seems an honest man, it's hard to imagine Spanish navy men endangering themselves, let alone a captain endangering his crew, on account of a mistreated slave. Perhaps the incident with the slave was the final straw that led to the surrendered Spaniards turning against Read Wallace, but there seem to be layers to the story.

One of the Spaniards, the lithe one with faint whiskers of a mustache, speaks in a low voice, "La Mosca Española. We've all heard stories of her, a spy reporting directly to the Viceroyalty of New Spain. Some say she was born to high-bred elves. Others that she steals the faces of those she seduces. She is a ghost who walks through walls, a temptress who could turn a bishop's heart toward debauchery." There are murmurs of agreement from his fellow imprisoned crewmen. ", I thought she was a myth, but I have heard too many stories like yours in every port: a charming woman offering a kerchief as a token of affection, a whispered word, a bottle of wine...all looking for the moment to slid a dagger in your back."

Nicolas de Atrejo frowns, clearly not putting any credence in such sailor's tales.
 

Quickleaf

Legend
Nia approaches the Kid with feline wariness...a few steps and a pause, then another few steps. Eyes unblinking, tail twitching. If he reaches out, she quickly fades back. A dance she knew well in more than one guise. Perhaps though, this was a means to get on the ship. She'd thought to sneak on, but to be taken on would be even better.

So cat does let herself be coaxed in closer...cautiously sniffing at the air, then at his fingers when he offers them up.

Let us see what he means to do.

Kid leans forward, one hand on the lanyards hanging from the side of the Winchelsea with a bottle of rum, the other offering a bit of dried fish flakes to Nia-the-cat. Whistling softly, he seems to take pride in coaxing the feline closer. "Why a mambo once told me black cats were bad luck, but I've 'eard a ship's cat is a lucky charm...or at least it eats up the poor luck of damned fools...so in that way it's lucky. Are you looking to come aboard? Oh, I'm afraid you'll find the larders locked tighter than a chastity belt, my black cat friend..." He glances over his shoulder at the two beefy marines guarding the ramp onto the deck.

"Well, the Cap'n here has taken a liking to me – says 'Kid, you've a sharp eye and small fingers, just the sort of man I need in the crow's nest and rigging.'" Thumbing his nose as if he's not convinced of Read Wallace's intentions, Kid glances from left to right conspiratorially, "Within a two-day, I'll be back on the open sea, with as much rum as I can beat the chef out of over cards. Stick with me cat!" he winks, continuing to try to lure Nia-the-cat closer toward the ramp.

When the two marines give Kid a skeptical look, he toussles his hair and gives a broad smile, "Surely, sirs as well traveled as yourselves know the virtues of havin' a ship's cat aboard. Hunting mice and rats, and the disease what comes with them, o' course. Not to mention imitable companionship for sailors far from their wives and children." While it's clear the two marines are suspicious of Kid, they seem tired enough that they exasperatedly wave him aboard without a fight. Kid makes a tck-tck-tck sound, motioning for Nia-the-cat to follow him aboard the Winchelsea.
 

Quickleaf

Legend
Not wanting to stress out Bella, Katerina shrugs the monkey off her shoulder and lets her scurry into a nearby hiding position.

"Doesh it make a difference what our ship is named?" Kat said sternly, trying to cover her own intoxication, and give off an air of Captaincy.

"You said you'd sign if we helped. Now where are these monkeys you speak of? We don't have all night to play with little boys."

She glanced around the area and tried to look and listen over the din of water and drunken pirates to anything out of the ordinary.

Perception: 1D20+1 = [19]+1 = 20

Bella scampers off to watch from a palm tree a safe distance away. One of the smaller boys points toward a large canoe where there are scratching sounds coming from the well of shadows obscuring the interior.

However, Katerina's intuition draws her eyes to the edge of the dock behind the boys where the jungle spills over to meet the coast. There, camouflaged on top of several stone pylons are three distinctive monkeys with white-swept brows and whiskers and disheveled hair. Clutched in the feet of the middle one is a pink and lace ribbon.

 

Matthan

Explorer
Blaise listens carefully and smirks as he answers, “I cannot speak to her supernatural abilities, but,” he runs a finger along the priestly collar he’s wearing, “I fully believe that she could tempt an abbot from his vows.”

His smile broadens, “And this is good, because now you know to whom your letter will go to. A woman with such an incredible reputation will assuredly deliver your final words successfully to your admiralty. And I do want you to write that letter, but I must insist on hearing about this developing ministry. I mean no harm to your crown, but it is vital that I know which way the winds are blowing upon the sea so that I can navigate a safe course.”
 

peterka99

First Post
Etienne tries to remember the most Latin as possible from his youth at the mass and add mixed words from his journeys through the World ports (patois).[/ooc]

Etienne is on fire! He never realized how much he was traumatized as a child by all this liturgic nonsense. He almost convince himself he is a real priest!

[sblock]http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=186792
To link on forums supporting bbcodes use:
Deception at th jail: 1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19 [/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top