D&D 5E Spell & Crossbones

Queenie

Queen of Everything
In beautiful, slurred French Katerina replied, "Est-ce que je ressemble à un chef, Monsieur? Ou peut-être que vous êtes frais avec moi et que vous ne voulez vraiment pas faire de cuisine? Je ne sais pas lequel est une insulte ou lequel est un compliment!"

She laughed heartily before drinking down her rum.

"Ou peut-être voulez-vous me dire tout au sujet de votre emploi temporaire. Pas d'offense à Ulsta, mais vous êtes trop bon pour travailler ici! Prenez mon assise pendant que j'attends mon ami ici,"
she sloppily waved towards Fulke, "Pour obtenir son acte de chant ensemble. The Singing Pirates devrait être terrifié !!"

She looked expectantly at the baker while she clumsily pushed the chair on the other side of her out.

[SBLOCK]
OOC: I wasn't going to write in French AND slur it lol

"Do I look like a chef, mr? Or perhaps you are being fresh with me and don't really want to cook at all? I do not know which one is an insult or which one is a compliment!"

She laughed heartily before drinking down her rum.

"Or perhaps you'd like to tell me all about your temporary employment. No offense to Ulsta, but you are too good to be working here! Take a seat while I wait for my friend here," she sloppily waved towards Fulke, "To get his act together to sing. The Singing Pirates should be terrified!!"

She looked expectantly at the baker while she clumsily pushed the chair on the other side of her out.[/SBLOCK]

Thateous

Explorer
Jacques grins slightly and bows. He then proceeds to remove his apron revealing a well cared for double-barreled pistol and epee. He hands the apron off to a waitress as she passes before taking the offered seat and again leaning close to Katarina to whisper, "Au contraire mademoiselle, you look like the type that like's to get her hands dirty from time to time."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Kat raised an eyebrow at the man hidden underneath the apron, what a pleasant surprise.

"You are quite correct Senor, I do not mind getting my handsh dirty. And obvioushly you do not either. Could be quite fun to... work... together. Si?"

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

Shayuri

First Post
Nia glowered from her chair. Drinking was one thing, even to excess, but surely that wasn't a time to be making important decisions?

That left her with a decision to make as well. Try to intervene, or not. The reality was that Kat probably wouldn't listen in her state, and it would simply undermine Nia's own position. Maybe the solution was to sober things up a bit. Let this 'chef' know that not everyone on board was a pretty drunkard to try to take advantage of.

Nia leaned forward, her eyes hard, with a leering, mocking smile.

"Fun for some," she intoned. "But I tink our work is too much for dis man...a cook in a tavern. On our ship, you will be more den dat, hm? You have toys on you belt, but have you used dem? Have you cut a man down? Put a bullet troo his eye while him scream and cut at you? Dis is not a place for fine clothes or sophistication." She nearly spat the word. "You would cut out you pity and spit it over a fire if you join us. You see Captain and tink...what a dream. But I tink for you...dat dream would become de worst of nightmares. Go home, soft boy. Go home and tell you friends of your brave adventure wit' us if you wish. No one but you will know de difference."

Thateous

Explorer
"You are quite correct Senor, I do not mind getting my handsh dirty. And obvioushly you do not either. Could be quite fun to... work... together. Si?"

Jacques was about to answer Katarina's question when the beautiful young lady with the intriguing eyes said...

"Fun for some," she intoned. "But I tink our work is too much for dis man...a cook in a tavern. On our ship, you will be more den dat, hm? You have toys on you belt, but have you used dem? Have you cut a man down? Put a bullet troo his eye while him scream and cut at you? Dis is not a place for fine clothes or sophistication." She nearly spat the word. "You would cut out you pity and spit it over a fire if you join us. You see Captain and tink...what a dream. But I tink for you...dat dream would become de worst of nightmares. Go home, soft boy. Go home and tell you friends of your brave adventure wit' us if you wish. No one but you will know de difference."

Jacques' smile disappeared. He stood up and carefully removed the red ascot covering his throat revealing his maimed throat. Through obvious strain he spoke. His voice was harsh and garbled as he said, "I know of combat. I know of sacrifice. I live for dreams and dream of nightmares." He coughs violently at the strain on his throat. He replaces the ascot and tips his bald head slightly. With his voice barely a whisper again he says, "Je suis désolé mademoiselle, you know where to find me." his slight grin returning. As he turned to make his way back to the kitchen.

OOC: Hope I conveyed that well enough. Left my exit open ended if anyone wishes to stop him. He is not offended, however you did call him out… Seeing as how probably ruined the festive mood, an exit seemed appropriate. This is awesome btw.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Kat watched the two go back and forth with some amusement. As the chef walked away she leaned towards Nia and whispered loudly, "I washn't offering him a job on the shhhip, you know. Though we will need a cook and there are chertainly worse!"

She felt sympathy for the man. She'd been around enough death and injury growing up to know that was part of life on a ship, the life of a pirate, the life for people always at war with something.

"Hold on," Kat called after him. "Don't run away jusht yet. Si, mY friend here is correct, where we are headed is not for boysh or the weak at heart. But that doesn't mean we can't be friends," she grinned up at him. "Especially friendsh who bring yummy treats."

Thateous

Explorer
Jacques' exit to the kitchen was cut short when Katarina said,

"Hold on," Kat called after him. "Don't run away jusht yet. Si, mY friend here is correct, where we are headed is not for boysh or the weak at heart. But that doesn't mean we can't be friends," she grinned up at him. "Especially friendsh who bring yummy treats."

Jacques turns back toward the table his smile slightly larger than before. Returning to his seat he leans in close toward Katarina and whispered, "Your friend is indeed correct, no place for boys, however I am no boy. Avec le temps, je le prouverai."

OOC: In time, I shall prove it.

Fenris

Adventurer
Jacques' exit to the kitchen was cut short when Katarina said,

Jacques turns back toward the table his smile slightly larger than before. Returning to his seat he leans in close toward Katarina and whispered, "Your friend is indeed correct, no place for boys, however I am no boy. Avec le temps, je le prouverai."

Zef had been digging into the bread and slurping down some of Ulsta's homebrew coffee that could peel the barnacles off a hull. He snickers at the newcomer's retort. "J'ai des verrues plus vieux que toi garçon" he guffawed. "Yar I spreken French too boy. And while yer bravado is to be applauded, steel ain't steel until it's been tempered. With heavy hits, hot fire and beaten often. But if it passes, it is stronger, flexible, resilient. Are you resilient jongen?" asks Zef taking another swig of coffee that could almost corrode silver.

Thateous

Explorer
Jacques shakes his head no toward Zef. Growing tired of whispering to everyone he mouths the word "stubborn" to Zef and then gives a nod with a slight smile.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Shtubborn?" Kat laughed, "You'll fit right in with this group!!!"

"But my friend here ish correct, tomorrow may be better to speak of jobs. Tonight is supposed to be for fun! Do you have plans for this evening, Senor?"

She leaned over to Nia and whispered, "Having him would help us secure the French floofypants buccaneers who are looking for a ship. We could greatly ush them."

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases